Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Deferred?

Rate this question

SSGmajik

Question

Does anyone know if having your TDIU claim deferred is bad news? I filed my claim in 10/2010 & received a decision on the increase for my current sc disabilities last week. My rating stayed the same over all, but did have a few that changed, some lowered & one raised. I don't know what to expect since this is the first time having anything deferred. Also, my claim has been assigned to the "Tiger Team" at the Cleveland RO.

Thank you to all who are serving or have served our great country!

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

I sure don't know what you mean above ?

I only met having some recent medical evidence I was going to send in & if my duty assist letter has expired, then I will send one in along with it. Also, have an appointment with my neurosurgeon & PMC & I was going to have the do a ROM on my neck & back to have it to compare to the C&P. If there's something I should or shouldn't do, please let me know.

I only met having some recent medical evidence I was going to send in & if my duty assist letter has expired, then I will send one in along with it. Also, have an appointment with my neurosurgeon & PMC & I was going to have the do a ROM on my neck & back to have it to compare to the C&P. If there's something I should or shouldn't do, please let me know.

In my understanding the Duty to Assist letter is sent from the VA to the claimant,

not the other way around.

The letter should discuss what (if any) evidence the VA still needs from you.

This is a very important part of the claim process.

Most of this letter is boilerplate and it will seem like the VA is asking for information/evidence

that the claimant has already provided.

Now I sure see situations where a claimant will submit something additional to VA and state

something like - I have no further information/evidence to submit and I request the VBA to go

ahead and rate my claim issues with the evidence now of record.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Carlie, sorry for the confusion. I'm preparing as if they will send one for my deferred claim. If they don't I will just wait until they make a decision. I just want to be ready, so that I don't waste any extra time. I appreciate all your help & advice.