Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu?

Rate this question

Moody

Question

I have been reading on here about this and I have even made a few post but never seem to get much help maybe I am asking it wrong or maybe I just dont know how to interpet the resopnse I have got anyway I will try it again I know what TDIU or IU is I also know how to qualifiy for it what I dont know is dose the VA autoaticaly send you the froms for it or do I have to send them in seperatly should I file now or wait I no I will get at least 70% I do work but plan on not working after I get my rating about how long should it take for them to award TDIU after I file for it once again any and all info would surely help me in this matter.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

You can file for tdiu at any time. The wait times are different for everyone. It could be 6 months or 3 years. Depends on the VARO and what there workload is. Simply having 70% does not mean you will get tdiu. For whatever service connected disabilities you have the comp exam doctor needs to state you are unemployable. The fact your employed at this time sure wont help you. There going to see you can maintain gainful employment. I wouldn't count on getting a tdiu rating your first go around and quit your job. Many have waited years for there benefits. Mine has been going since October 6, 2010. This is just my experience and I'm sure you will get more info from the people here.

PTSD 50%

Disks 20%

Shoulder dislocation 10%

Left lower extremity neurological involvement. 10%

hiatel hernia 10%

• HadIt.com Elder

I was told at a C&P exam one time the exam doctor could not determine if I was TDIU since I was unemployed at the time of the exam. What kind of sense does that make? He was trying to screw me on behalf of his buddy whose exam I had shot to pieces for saying I was faking because I had a B.A. in pyschology.

I have been reading on here about this and I have even made a few post but never seem to get much help

maybe I am asking it wrong or maybe I just dont know how to interpet the resopnse I have got anyway I will try it again

I know what TDIU or IU is I also know how to qualifiy for it

what I dont know is dose the VA autoaticaly send you the froms for it or do I have to send them in seperatly

The VA (in most cases) will not just send you the form for IU (21-8940)- until you meet the criteria of 38 CFR 4.16a.

should I file now or wait I no I will get at least 70%

I do work but plan on not working after I get my rating

It's up to you whenever you want to submit the claim for increase.

Chances are if you are gainfully employed as you have posted,

your claim for IU would be and IMO - should be denied.

about how long should it take for them to award TDIU after I file for it

What's your current level and for what conditions.

Are you going to claim any other disabling conditions or secondaries?

If you meet the criteria you might meet your goal in 2 - 3 years.

Is this your retirement plans ?

JMHO - carlie

once again any and all info would surely help me in this matter.

no plans arent to auit my job and file for it I am just interested in how it works and right now I dont am not plaing on filing TDIU but depends on how bad my back gets it gets worst and worst every year and it is becoming harder and harder to come to work everyday as my commute is and hour to and hour and half my plans are to see what they are gonna rate me and get a job a lot closer to my house and see how that works but if my back keeps getting bad I am gonna have to quit. I also have PTSD that dosent help with the stress of traffic and my back problems to get me down menatly sometimes. I missed probaly like 6 weeks last from work do to my back and PTSD I am going to see a surgen soon about it but I really dont wanna not work just wanna work close to my home. I do struggle to make it but my feel good pills help me make it throught the day and I have a wife and a baby girl on the way and I am taking care of them so we will see what happens IMO I really shouldnt be working but I have responiblities. My motivation at work has dramticaly fell I use to take pride in my job and now I am just there I am actually in the process of downgrading to a lesser postion.