Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is This A Partial Success?

Rate this topic

juhlgold

About a month ago I received a Supplemental Statement of Case..

It noted one of my conditions being increase __-__-2008

It also noted another condition being granted __-__- 2008

PTSD still remains denied..

I have not received anything since that SSOC?

What do I need to do? Will I be receiving back pay? And when should I be receiving more of a compensation check?

I am trying to finish up my appeal.. However, the failed to mail me to form mentioned.

Any help would be appreciated.. Thank you

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do I need to do? Wait some. Like it or not, About a month ago really isn't that long. I suspect that you will be receiving a separate Decision Review Officer Rating Decision that will explain more fully. If you haven't heard by the end of May, it might be a good idea to check.

Will I be receiving back pay? Prolly, but that's really not possible to know without more information. For example, based on what your current service connected disabilities are, the amount of the increase, the amount of the newly s/c disability, and the wonders of the Combined Rating Table, it's entirely possible that the overall combined disability might remain at 30%, though you had an increase.

Again, this should will be discussed in the DRO Rating Decision.

And when should I be receiving more of a compensation check? Once the DRO Decision is done, retro (if any) should magically appear in your financial account about 2 weeks after your award is promulgated. Increased compensation, if warranted, should follow shortly thereafter.

the failed to mail me to form mentioned. Is this the form you are looking for: http://www.va.gov/va.../va/pdf/VA9.pdf ?

What do I need to do? Will I be receiving back pay? And when should I be receiving more of a compensation check?

I am trying to finish up my appeal.. However, the failed to mail me to form mentioned.

jvretiredvet.

Thanks so much for your responce.. I believe that my compensation will be increased to 60%.

I have a an old rating of 20%

One one that SSOC notes will increase from 10% to 30%

Another one noted on the SSOC is a new rating for 20%

And others remain denied..

There is also a note on the SSOC that mentions a back date of __-__-2008.

Is this really true.. Or can it be changed before I get the decision letter?

One the top of the SSOC it states decision..

Any more advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

I believe that my compensation will be increased to 60%. Based on the information you provided (or rather, what I think you are saying), I'd guess that your new combined evaluation would be 50%.

I have a an old rating of 20% Based on your statement "One one that SSOC notes will increase from 10% to 30%", I presume that you originally had two separate 10% evaluations - is that correct?

If so, this is the new combined computation:

30% (the increase from 10%) -> 30%

20% from new service connection -> 44%

10% from the 'original' value -> 50%

There is also a note on the SSOC that mentions a back date of __-__-2008. Is this really true.. Gee, if the decision says so, I guess it must be so.

Or can it be changed before I get the decision letter? This date can't be changed without another decision. Who do you think would change it?

jvretiredvet.

Thanks so much for your responce.. I believe that my compensation will be increased to 60%.

I have a an old rating of 20%

One one that SSOC notes will increase from 10% to 30%

Another one noted on the SSOC is a new rating for 20%

And others remain denied..

There is also a note on the SSOC that mentions a back date of __-__-2008.

Is this really true.. Or can it be changed before I get the decision letter?

One the top of the SSOC it states decision..

Any more advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

Most likely you will receive a retro check or direct deposit ( if VA already has your banking info) anywhere

from today to 3 or 4 months from now. Sounds to me like the retro amount wii be the dollar difference

in what you were receiving - and the new amount you will soon begin receiving.

Here's an example for you.

April 1999 - a single Vet is SC'd for DC 8100 Migraines at 30 % = $288.00 per month

Feb 2007 - Vet submits claim for SC of Hearing Loss and Tinnitus

March 2012 - VBA grants issue for SC of Hearing at 10 percent and Tinnitus at 10 percent,

both with an effective date of Feb 2007 (the date the veteran filed the claim for Tinnitus).

Vet already had 30 - now add 2 new 10's with VA math = vet is now 43.3 percent disabled

which provides comp at 40 percent (512.00).

Vet will get the following retro (approx)

March 2007 through April 2012 = say 60 months

Vets new com amount $ 512.00 minus Vets old comp amount $ 288.00 = $224.00 this is the difference.

Now multiply (the difference) $ 244.00 X (the months) 60 = $ 14,640.00 this would be the retro amount

paid to the veteran - and the new percentage amount will replace the old monthly comp amount.

*** PLEASE NOTE - the month and amount figures will not be correct, they are only used to

represent how retro is figured - to help the OP understand.

I believe that my compensation will be increased to 60%. Based on the information you provided (or rather, what I think you are saying), I'd guess that your new combined evaluation would be 50%.

I have a an old rating of 20% Based on your statement "One one that SSOC notes will increase from 10% to 30%", I presume that you originally had two separate 10% evaluations - is that correct?

If so, this is the new combined computation:

30% (the increase from 10%) -> 30%

20% from new service connection -> 44%

10% from the 'original' value -> 50%

There is also a note on the SSOC that mentions a back date of __-__-2008. Is this really true.. Gee, if the decision says so, I guess it must be so.

Or can it be changed before I get the decision letter? This date can't be changed without another decision. Who do you think would change it?

jv,

Check your PM section.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use