Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally!

Rate this topic

UsmcSGTVet

A decision has been made after 19 months. Checked AB8 100% combined rating. Couldn't have come at a better time, I was down to my last $35 till the first of June. I'm a firm believer of using the congressman. He made an inquiry April 2, 2012 then my claim was tagged congressional and was pushed through. Also requested hardship with evidence of eviction on April 18, 2012. Wish claims moved this fast in the first place.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats.

I don't know that the congress critter deserves any kudos,

but if you think so that's surely OK.

After 19 months it most likely was pretty close to a decision time anyways.

I am really glad for you! Looks like your extra effort paid off. ENJOY!!! I agree with you that after your Congressman got involved things moved VERY quickly....

Edited by #1Cavtrooper

Carlie,

It was flagged congressional then sent to St.louis RO from Pittsburgh to be expedited. Pittsburgh had no intention of settling it anytime soon. Not until I asked my congressman to get involved was it the then handled faster.

What is a good time frame. 18-24 months? I've been waiting 15 months and doesn't seem to move? At first it was saying sent to Jackson from Roanoke to expedite but it sure didn't expedite. Than when ebenefits updated it doesn't say where it is now? Jackson or Roanoke. I did have to go for another different c&p depression. Had a c&p earlier for service connected 40% spine fusion. It's now been 2 weeks in prep for decision. Thank you

DVET,

There really isn't a time frame. Some get done in 12 months some could take 3 years. Depends on what your claim consists of and whos doing it. I waited about 18 months then asked for congressional help. When you asked for an expedite did you send evidence supporting your financial hardship? Eviction, bankruptcy, homelessness ect...? I'm not saying all that will work for you because I don't know the specifics of your claim but it did work for me. Do you have a rep? I also contacted the wounded worrior regiment and they gave me a No BS assesment. There active duty marines and its probably the best information I received.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use