Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Opition

Rate this question

ghillbe

Question

have a question for all, I origanaly filed for 3 items after my gulf war regestry exam for sleep apena,ptsd and insominia, I was denied in july 2010 I field a appeal on dec 2010. In dec 2010 I filed a new claim for 14 items under undiagnosed issues, my question is should I cansel my appeal and file a new claim for ptsd and sleep apenia and insomia secondary to ptsd? or can you add or change after an appeal or add these items to my second claim thanks

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You will not get sleep problems under 3.317 as you have a diagnosed illness causing the problems and that is your SA.

You will have to send in the 4138 and evident to support the SA secondary to PTSD, the DRO does not have to make that finding, he is looking to see if things was done right and as new things you send in.

Should I turn in a 4138 stating sleep apneia secondary to ptsd or just let the dro review say it is secondary? insominia secondary to ptsd? or add sleep distribances under cfr 3.317 unexplaned multi synmpton gulf war filing and add them to my current claim?

James A. Bunker

Executive Director

National Gulf War Resource Center

Phone: 785-925-9887

Email: Do not post your email address.

Join us on Facebook

I agree, that's why I posted that "I would not add in a separate claim issue of insomnia, with the PTSD"

Sleep problems like insomnia is a part of PTSD and depression and will not be granted on a secondary bases. There are many court cases on this one issue.

If you have fatigue due to sleep apnea and PTSD the SA can be worked as a secondary issue to the PTSD with the right doctor statements and research report that has been posted.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.