Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally Rated For Ptsd

Rate this topic

eganusn

Hello all.

After waiting since February 2011, I have finally been granted SC for PTSD. The AB8 letter stated yesterday that my combined overall rating is now 80%. It was a nice surprise to say the least.

I spoke informally with someone that works "on the inside", and the breakdown goes like this: 60% SC for my PTSD, 40% (Increased on 3/25/12) for Fibromyalgia, still at 10% for my PFS, left knee, (claim is still in deferred status), and denied SC for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

I'm still waiting on some additional information in order to file a NOD/or request a DRO for the denied issues, but at least I'm am making some headway in getting the VA to recognize my ailments.

And truly, because of this site and the advice and information that people give here, I am very appreciative, and forever grateful!

Mike Egan

Edited by eganusn

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you. Where you in the gulf war. I hope you get the ibs. I am rated 30% for it the highest rate you can get. Sill waiting on my fibromyalgia that is at the DRO (waiting for the SOC )

Edited by usmc89

Phillip, no, it was overall 90%, but only 60% was considered SC. I don't get the VA fuzzy math, but that's what was told to me.

Edited by eganusn

• HadIt.com Elder

I understand but you still can't get a 60% rating for ptsd. I ran the numbers and if your other numbers are correct and you are currently 80% combined, then you must be 70% for ptsd, which totals 84% and is rounded down to 80%. You should apply for TDIU if you are not working.

pr

Phillip, no, it was overall 90%, but only 60% was considered SC. I don't get the VA fuzzy math, but that's what was told to me.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use