Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another Brown Envelope Story

Rate this question

USMCMustanger

Question

:rolleyes: Tears of joy and relief.....The brown envelope arrived yesterday. Retro check in 15 days. I went for everything I thought would affect my claim, including a few that were kinda "iffy". They denied the "iffy" ones (only one will I NOD), but everything else was approved, CVA 60%, DMII 40%, PTSD 30%, eight others at 0%-10%. Ended up at VA math of 96%, added TDIU, 100% P&T. I think I hear the salmon in Alaska calling my name!!

I read the comments, suggestions, advice, FAQs, questions and answers on HADIT. You guys/gals made it happen for me without any gliches. Lots of reading, lots of research, and all the ducks lined up easily. No, the job wasn't easy, but all the info I needed was on this site. If there is one bit of advice I can share, it would be to attack the wealth of knowledge on this site as though it was a full time job. (Of course it helps to have a GREAT Regional SO). If you are in Oregon, Columbia County or Washington County, Katie Harris is your best bet. Her 11 years of being an advocate made the process very smooth.

Like most of us, I was sinking into the financial abyss. Now, I am able to get back on stable ground and will actually be able to relax-- the stress will completely be gone from my life when the check clears.

THANK YOU HADIT, A donation will be coming soon,

Rick, USMCMustanger

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Guest terrysturgis

Rick, Congratulations! It's funny that you said you treat your time at HADIT as if it were a full time job. I did the same and as advice to other Veterans I would recommend that same thing for them. As I am 100% P&T thanks to the board.

I still come here at least once a day sometimes more just out of habit. I guess I have the Hadit habit. There is no known cure. Once again CONGRATS! Terry Sturgis

MARINE! This is GREAT!!!!!

If I were I would apply for SSA disability and use the VA award as proof of disability with them (unless you get SSA already)

Boy what wonderful news- check the mail box daily (or the bank acct if you have direct deposit) I always got their checks before the award letters came- so it might come soon.

And RELAX and enjoy------hmmmm salmon grilled on the coals----

Rick- nothing can ever compensate you for your service disabilities and I wish you didn't have them but I am so glad the VA did the right thing here.

Berta

Berta, thank you for the advice....again. I got the SSDI thing in December and I see nothing but the green light ahead.

Thanks again to all of the HADIT community

Rick

Rick, Congratulations! It's funny that you said you treat your time at HADIT as if it were a full time job. I did the same and as advice to other Veterans I would recommend that same thing for them. As I am 100% P&T thanks to the board.

I still come here at least once a day sometimes more just out of habit. I guess I have the Hadit habit. There is no known cure. Once again CONGRATS! Terry Sturgis

"no known cure" GREAT!! No there's a desease I can live with.

Rick

Just a note, I don't think that you can receive both Schedular (100%) and TDIU (100%) at the same time! Correct me if I'm wrong. :rolleyes:

Steve

Hey Steve, Yeah, you are correct. Re-reading the award letter, it sounds like the VA was just talking out loud. Further explaination-- it was an answer to all that I filed for, not an additional award. I didn't have a clue as to how much schedular I would get, hence the filing for TDIU. (Just covering all the bases and crossing the "Ts")

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats USMCM. It is a full time job for most of us to win a claim at the VA. Fortunately we can put in part time hours and leave it on the weekends.

I worked on my claim for over 5 years.

Stick around and encourage others. When you get your retro you might think of T-Bird as Hadit is her full time job and she does not hassle people for money.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Congrats Rick, Alaska's a great place for Salmon fishing! I lived there for four years. This is the best time of year to be there, it's beautiful now. Thinking about making it my summer home :rolleyes: Enjoy your victory.

Pearl