VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How To Change My Education Plan

Rate this question

lackman

Question

I would like to know has anyone ever changed their education track?

I had a very stubborn counselor and he is very hard to work with. I tried to go with the business track but he wants me to take certain classes at a certain college.

I have been doing some of the training and it is not for me. Is it possible to get a new plan or am I stuck?

Thanks

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You should be able to go to your school and ask for a new degree plan and than submit it to your Councilor. Either that or ask for another councilor and see what they say

• HadIt.com Elder

I would like to know has anyone ever changed their education track?

I had a very stubborn counselor and he is very hard to work with. I tried to go with the business track but he wants me to take certain classes at a certain college.

I have been doing some of the training and it is not for me. Is it possible to get a new plan or am I stuck?

Thanks

It's your education not the counslers.............unless you have some remedial classes to complete this is totally between you and the school academic advisor's. Your VA counselor is only there to see that you are going to not waste the VA money and that you are doing what is necessary to finish the schooling approved with the help provided.

If you present a new plan with the help of the academic adviser and you are not far into the program to change , then the VA has not much choice to go along with it............had you been close to a degree I could see the VA balking in some form.