VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reciept Acknowledgement Of Claim Filed By Ro?

Rate this question

Slowlane

Question

I sent in a claim with 5 items on it to the St Pete RO over 2 months ago and cannot determine if they will ever got in the system or not. They do not show up on Ebenies and Peggy is not sure altho I am scheduled to talk to her again next thursday. Arnt they supposed to send an acknowledgement that they are working on it??? I have the return receipt requested stub. Thanks, Slowlane

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Use the VA email system to send them a letter and ask if they have received your claim. The St. Pete RO is so bad that if you don't get acknoledgement via VCAA letter I would worry. If every issue you have brought up is not in your VCAA letter then I would make a trip to the RO if you can and find out what is wrong. I have found that if the VA does not referrence every issue via VCAA then it probably is not in the system. I have been told St Pete RO gets 10,000 pieces of mail a day.

I sent in a claim with 5 items on it to the St Pete RO over 2 months ago and cannot determine if they will ever got in the system or not. They do not show up on Ebenies and Peggy is not sure altho I am scheduled to talk to her again next thursday. Arnt they supposed to send an acknowledgement that they are working on it??? I have the return receipt requested stub. Thanks, Slowlane

I talked with Peggy yesterday. She said my 526b was recieved on 5/15 with new contentions. She would not elaborate nor explain. I further asked her why nothing was showing on Ebenies and without making up a lie she said its probably early yet. I will call back every 30 days and see if there is anything new. Slowlane

Fax them everything

Even tho I have already sent this stuff in by mail.....you say to fax them everything....would it confuse them with 2 copies floating around??

I have an IRIS message from earlier this year where the VA states they will not know if they received something in the mail until approximately 78 days after they receive it.

Best regards,