VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva 2012

Rate this question

bergin c/o

Question

just a status update. I had put in to add a two dependents on 9/2012.it has just now moved to prep for decision phase on e-benefits , on winning the bva decision I am still waiting for a call to get rated . thanks

update . got a letter yesterday from v.a / it was a fee agreement I have with the veterans service I used . it said it was a receipt of payment to the service for the retro from my 2009 BVA decision on my hips . it was a $6000 dollar retro award with 20 percent going to the advocate.i called the 1-800 number and they said I had received that letter out of order .another one was coming to explain the decision . the award did contain one year retro for my dependents plus the bi-lateral hip arthritis claim. he could tell me no more .said wait for the other letter.he could not tell me how I had been rated for the BVA claim with out even having an exam. and the retro seems a little low on a 2009 claim in which I have already had both hips replaced.my veterans advocate has not received his copy , but speculates that they my have awarded only a 10 percent disability in order to clear the claim and leave it up to me to appeal the percentage .that would kinda suck since it now drags it on for who knows how much longer . I had thought bva was the last step , but who knows.have to wait till the letter . very frustrating !!

BVA does not do ratings unless your appeal is for an increase that was denied. In that case, they would grant if the degree of severity had been met versus the lesser rating awarded. Since VA is notorious for low-balling, most of them win in one form or another. On the other hand, a new claim for a disability that wins at the BVA automatically is returned to the local AOJ (VARO) where you are scheduled for a C&P to approximate the degree of severity. That sets the stage for the initial rating which, again, is usually less than what you deserve. You sure wouldn't want to put them out of business and have to lay off raters by giving you everything you were due all at once. How selfish. Merry Christmas , sir. Onward through the fog. Remember the motto: Win or Die (waiting).

A

Clear Prop!