Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is There Such A Rating

Rate this question

Ricky

Question

My neurologist conducted a new MRI yesterday of my brain. He now says that I have severe "white matter disease" due to hypertension and DMII. The MRI was conducted as a result of my constant loss of balance which makes me fall to the right side and my now inability to reach and grab things with my right hand. When I reach for things my hand goes in circles and I miss the object by about six inches to the right. Is there a rating for White matter disease? It is basically lesions in the white matter portion of my brain from blood clots cause by the DMII that have travelled through my brain and successfully passed through without getting stuck and causeing a stroke.

Also just to give all of you guys a laugh. The balance problems caused a big blast at home. I was sitting on the pot about 4:30 am. when finished I attempted to get up. I lost my balance lunged forwarded and my head went through the bathroom wall. Boy did it hurt. My neck, shoulders and spine half way down my back. Xrays indicated that I jamed some disc. I can not move my head or shoulders due to the pain and I have a hell of a headache. Lessoned learned - be careful little grasshopper when getting off the pot. I guess it would be to much to ask for service connection of the neck injury. I bet the raters would get a good laugh from such a claim.

PS - that is why I am writing this post at 1:14 am I can not stand to lie in the bed due to the neck pain but you can bet your va check that I ain't going back to the potty for a while no matter how long I stay up. Oh about the damage to the bathroom wall - wife says she was thinking about a remodel job and I just gave her the incentive to have the project started. Just think ole Congressman Buyer thought I was just and old worn out vet without any purpose in life. Boy did I show him how I could use my head.

Ricky

Edited by Ricky

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Ricky

You may have lost your balance. However, you still have your sense of humor. Have you thought about putting some padding on the wall in the bathroom and sending the VA a bill for the improvements and modifications.

"White Matter Disease". I'm certainly no doctor and have no medical expertise but I'm fairly certain that it falls into the category of brain disease. Would this not be the same as what is termed "Encephalopathy" or "encephalomacia"? (old blood and dead tissue).

• Founder

oh ricky, now that's really using your noggin B) my knee stops working on me from time to time and down i go, i've ended up in some pretty funny positions, but nothing beats yours.

My neurologist conducted a new MRI yesterday of my brain. He now says that I have severe "white matter disease" due to hypertension and DMII. The MRI was conducted as a result of my constant loss of balance which makes me fall to the right side and my now inability to reach and grab things with my right hand. When I reach for things my hand goes in circles and I miss the object by about six inches to the right. Is there a rating for White matter disease? It is basically lesions in the white matter portion of my brain from blood clots cause by the DMII that have travelled through my brain and successfully passed through without getting stuck and causeing a stroke.

Also just to give all of you guys a laugh. The balance problems caused a big blast at home. I was sitting on the pot about 4:30 am. when finished I attempted to get up. I lost my balance lunged forwarded and my head went through the bathroom wall. Boy did it hurt. My neck, shoulders and spine half way down my back. Xrays indicated that I jamed some disc. I can not move my head or shoulders due to the pain and I have a hell of a headache. Lessoned learned - be careful little grasshopper when getting off the pot. I guess it would be to much to ask for service connection of the neck injury. I bet the raters would get a good laugh from such a claim.

PS - that is why I am writing this post at 1:14 am I can not stand to lie in the bed due to the neck pain but you can bet your va check that I ain't going back to the potty for a while no matter how long I stay up. Oh about the damage to the bathroom wall - wife says she was thinking about a remodel job and I just gave her the incentive to have the project started. Just think ole Congressman Buyer thought I was just and old worn out vet without any purpose in life. Boy did I show him how I could use my head.

Ricky