Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can't Get My Money Until I Fill Out A Form Which Is Not Available

Rate this question

Rob m

Question

Called the 1-800 number last week trying to get DFAS to audit my case and start payment. I was told it could not be done until I fill out form 21-681. I have searched and searched and determined this form does not exist. I asked if I needed the 21-651 (waiver of retired pay in lieu of VA pay) and was told no, you need 21-681.

I am beyond tired of waiting for my money. The rep said well, "at least your retro is growing larger". I'm thinking what good is that if I can't fill out this ghost form and get my hands on the money.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

All I could find was this VA form that seems to cover either way you elect to go -however it says Section #1 must be filled out by the VA, then the veteran signs it.

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-651-ARE.pdf

Seems to me they would have to fill this form out and then send it to you for your signature.

But since the form is available online maybe you should sign it (copy and mail with proof of mailing) to the VA for them to fill it out as to Section one.

I saw other vets on google search had been told to find the 21-681 form too- which doesn't exist at the VA form web site.

Geez.