Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Web Site Problem

Rate this question

Berta

Question

It seems I have had to contact the BVA ombudsman 3 or 4 times since last year because of problems at the decision site.

Has anyone here contacted them yet about the fact that we can see the link to 2012 decisions but cannot open them?

Could a few others here be willing to email them at bvaombudsman@va.gov and tell them of the problem.

In the past I told them many on line veterans advocates are interested in these BVA decision but maybe they think I made that up.

Or call them at 1-202-632 4623 and ask them to fix it?

I emailed them again and also called but the ombudsman wasn't available by phone yet today.

It is frustrating and after someone did mention this problem here some time ago ,I thought they contacted the BVA -and surely BVA had fixed it until today when many 2012 decisions came up that regarding the claim I was doing research for....but I couldnt read them ! mad.gif

I am calling BVA in ten minutes again- but it would be nice if a few members here would complain too.

Let me know at hadit what response you get from them.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I dont expect the VA to "fix it fast". The VA doesnt do anything "fast". The VA got in trouble because on an "expidited" decision, ordered by the court (CAVC), the VA could not follow the courts directions in 2 years.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Berta

I think the "low quality" of the VA's IT systems is indicative they really dont hire the most qualified employees or contractors. They hire those "well connected" instead.

If you are a private company, you can not tolerate your system "down".

Sites like Yahoo, Google, MSN, etc, have dozens of backups if a system goes "down" and you wont even know it. VA could have that, too, but instead they squander money hiring politically well connected friends.

Its at least part of "whats wrong" with the VA.

Like you, I am not so patient with the BVA being down. There is also a rather persistent "rumor" that the VA is NOT processing appeals, and have instead allocated all resouces to initial claims, because the politicians have taken "heat" about the backlog, and this is election year.

I dont think they are "shutting down" the BVA, but I dont think a claim will be "readied" for the BVA at all. I dont even know about DRO's because they can also write initial claims decisions.

I don't think I could have said it better! Right on!

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.