VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service Entrance Exam

Rate this question

billygoat21

Question

I spoke with the VSR at the Regional Office he told me that the rater requested my Service entrance exam from ST. Louis 5 times since Nov 2010, Question why so many times and nothing sent why not just move on?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Noticed no one has responded to your question yet, so I'll give my opinion. I'm guessing the reason why the entrance exam was asked for so many times is because it is not in your C-File that they might have. Because of the VA's "duty to assist" 38 USC 5103 VA must make every possible effort to obtain relevant records held by any Federal department or agency, unless and until it is reasonably certain that the records do not exist (I doubt very much anyone could say that a Service entrance exam never existed) or that continuing efforts to obtain them would be futile. This will generally require a statement from the custodian that the records no longer exist, or that they have been transferred elsewhere.

So I'm guessing, as you probably already have, that the Service Entrance Exam might be lost. Heck with all the threads I've read here, with people stating that they are finding other vet's records in their C-File - it's not surprising at all. Eventually, for better or worse as far as the vet's claim goes, the VA does move on they have to cover their butts though (38 USC 5103).

• HadIt.com Elder

It's a box to be checked. Without it, the RO can basically let the claim languish. Even though the exam may not have anything that might bear on your claim. Just another excuse to delay, and cover the RO's tail.

Yes i am begining to think it's congress person time. You see in June 2012 The RO sent a letter stating they had all the evidence needed to proceed and not to contact them they will contact you (lol) Then July 24th 2012 the VSR says they are waiting on Service entrance exam that was submitted 5 times sounds alot like smoke screens only thing that visit did was get my claim out of gathering dust to Pending decision approval on 7/24/12 avg time in this phase according to Iris is 57 days as of 7/31/12 Thank you for sharing your insight with me.

Billygoat

Now i am totally confused again i spoke with the records management division today they told me they sent my medical records to the RO MARCH 1,2010, JUST HERE ON 7/23/12 the VSR at the RO said they have requested the Service Entrance exam 5 times since 11/29/10 and that was what was holding my claim up so somebody is not being forthcoming there is a big F-150 Engine stall now on the va freeway not sure if a another trip to the RO is in order. :(