VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Withdrew A Claim

Rate this question

justrluk

Question

So after 5 months of having a 'ghost' claim on eBenefits (error when you try to open it, my VSO, "Peggy" and others cannot see what the contentions are) I requested to withdraw the claim I didn't submit. I can't see wasting time on something like this or having it hold up my appeals/DRO review any longer. Since I didn't submit it, though, I don't know if I shot myself in the foot or did myself a favor. I guess since no one could tell me what the claim was for, it really doesn't matter much now.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

deanbrt - I truly think this is what's going on. No motion on anything because of something I didn't file. How long did it take you to get it closed?

3 months and I don't know how many faxes to the RO. And then it popped up again and It took me another month and a 1/2. It was all all a stall to keep my appeal from going to BVA where I was granted within 6 weeks

3 months and I don't know how many faxes to the RO. And then it popped up again and It took me another month and a 1/2. It was all all a stall to keep my appeal from going to BVA where I was granted within 6 weeks

dean,

Did you pass GO and collect everything yet?

Yes. I could see the award through Ebenfits online July 13th (Friday the 13th. biggrin.png ) through the AB8 and, more importantly, the Commissary letter that detailed 100% P&T, no further examinations scheduled. The letter arrived Monday the 16th and the retro was deposited Wednesday the 18th.

A number of things happened that convince me the Office of Case management and my Senator may have sped things. I know I received a call Wednesday July 11 from a coach at the VARO asking if I had contacted Washington and my senator. I said yes to which she replied she had personally pulled my c file from the floor and that a rating would be made within the next 12 days.

Two claims for peripheral neuropathy and carpal tunnel that I had never initiated but, rather, sent in as additional evidence for my appeal for IU that was to have gone to BVA in February but had remained at the VARO were cancelled. In fairness, I told the coach that I never had submitted them as claims. My rating was increased to 80% and IU granted.

It did bother me that the coach said they liked to bundle all of the claims and appeals together, which said to me my BVA granted appeal for secondary awaiting rating and my appeal for IU making its way to BVA could have languished for months, if not more, while the claims i submitted as new evidence but not claims made their way through the process.

Liz and I paid off all of our debts and have not done much more. When you can;t do much about it you try to ignore the debt and it was not until we started to write checks that we fully realized how much it was.....