Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can C&ps Be Scheduled In, Say, Dubai?

Rate this question

Helmand

Question

First post here. This site rocks! laugh.png

My main dilemma is how to work with the VA so they will schedule C&P exams for me that I could reasonably attend. For me, that place would be Dubai. You see, I work in Afghanistan. I can't just hop an a plane any time to the US. I get my R&Rs every three months, but other than that, I am stuck. But Dubai is different; I could take a couple days off to make that happen.

For a recent condition I submitted an appeal for, the VA notified me through the mail (my mom gets my mail) with a letter dated the 13th of June to attend a C&P exam on the 20th of June. My mom checks the mail twice a week or so. So by the time I hear about the letter, it is the day of the C&P exam that I had waited 9 months for. Of course, I was quite irate. Bottom line: I could not attend the C&P, and now my claim was denied. I know they have a backlog of claims, but come on.

With the number of veterans living in Germany, UK, Italy, Japan, not to mention ones working as contractors in Afghanistan, there MUST be a way to attend C&Ps like this from overseas. I use the VA's Foreign Medical Program. It's great and I can see just about any doctor I want in Dubai for SC'd conditions, and it's paid 100%, but I would like this C&Ps in Dubai too. A one week notice (especially through the mail) is unacceptable to make it back CONUS.

How can I get it so that I could have the exam in a place like, say, Dubai? There are many competent medical professionals there. The 800-827-1000 rep I talked today was no help at all. smile.png

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Here is a link to the Veterans Administration Website titled

The Disability Claims Process for Veterans Living Abroad Explained

that might help you: http://www.vba.va.go...ign/process.htm

Edited by USMC5811

“A nation reveals itself not only by the men it produces, but also by the men it honors, the men it remembers.” - John F. Kennedy

I think our member here, Chinavet, had the same problem. His PM thing might be open for advise.

Then again I agree with Philip that I think VA has liason with the US Embassy offices worldwide,if they need it.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Yes. It was arduous. My claim was once denied because I didn't show.

I discovered I could have gone to Japan for my C&P.

It's a crap shoot when you get your C&P out of country as far as experienced docs.

If you can get a diomatic staff doc it might be good. They tend to be more attentive and less hurried.

I'm my case it was best to go back to my home hospital as they had known and treated me for 8 years. My evaluator turned out to be the doc who treated me for many years. It made it less stressful for me and the report was really accurate. AMC granted my claim 10 months after my C&P after 10 years of admin related denials ( like I didn't show cause they gave me a week to come from China...)

Good luck. Please tell me how you did!