Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

bguerrero

Question

Just was told I have gout from the VA Clinic. Is it possible to link gout secondary to hypertension? I've been having these gout attacks on my right knee and foot 2-4 times a month for the last 3 years. I always thought they were residual pain from previous stroke.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hello Ice,,,

I know that I had to really watch my swelling and the infections from the immune problems of the diseases I listed that landed me in the hospitals and the surgeries to fix them . Those problems are very hard to handle and the end results are not only painful but also deadly. I was put on Prednosone to help with the swelling and it is not good for you to begin with but I really did not have much choice. Even though I could develope Gout , it has not happened as of yet. I hope you can stay on top of it too. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless. C.C.

i can't do any steroids because of bleeding problems so my doctor has prescribed colchicine. hopefully this knocks it out. but then my doctor and i need to figure out a plan beside watching my diet like a hawk!