VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Some Advice About How To Present This Research

Rate this question

CCC

Question

OK I've spent about a year compiling research and I'm ready to get it ready to send to the VA. I was wondering if anybody had a good idea on how I could put it all together, in like one page. Maybe a spreadsheet or something that says "He was here, he has lung damage, this is the chemical that caused the lung damage, this is his duty station that had the chemicals, etc."

Something like that. Does anyone have any ideas? I've been stuck here for a few days, not knowing how to do it. I would love to be able to have everything in one page, if at all possible, because I feel like it will make the most impact if they can look at it and see it all at once glance.

I just don't think I can do it that way. Between medical records, contaminant documentation and the like, I have 6 binders of information. I don't see how I can do it all on one page, but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance, if anyone has any ideas.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The best I could offer is to create an index (pages, paragraphs) tabbed to indicate the issue and progression of the diseases/conditions. I usually send them all the documents with a cover letter/index with a binder clip. As usual, remember to page number all documents, your case file/name on each (sure you already know this...)..

Yeah, I've got all that. I just wondered if there was a way to do it where it was a neat presentation, that itself could reference back to the binders and binders and binders of research. laugh.png

How about using a process type flow chart? Starting from his entry into the military (entry physical), all his duty stations (with locations, contentions etc) along with see Binder whatever for further info.

That's a good idea, and it would make an impact at first glance. That's kind of what I am looking for. I want something that they are going to look at and not throw it away or toss it into a pile.

Thanks. biggrin.png

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't know about one page. Things like indexes, "executive summary", "foot notes",

and time line flow charts come to mind.

When you state that this caused that, you will need medical opinions that validate the cause and effect for the individual case.

In an ideal situation, you setup things so that the RO cannot take the position that the evidence is "general", and may not/does not directly pertain to this specific case. Even with this accomplished, the RO may, (seemingly randomly) decide to deny or approve.

My experience with the Nehmer review was that they actually read, listed, and weighed the evidence, unlike the original denying Atlanta RO and DRO,who ignored, downplayed, and tried to discount positive evidence.

• HadIt.com Elder

D,

This claim sounds rather complex. I would start the letter with a current diagnosis and work backward to the chemical exposure in the military. If you provided me with a current diagnosis and the amount of time between the chemical exposure and the first report of symptoms I will research BVA cases for similar cases. If you have not researched BVA cases you will benefit greatly by having this research. Additionally, if you want to research BVA cases I can give you some tips on how to perform BVA searches.

Also, focus on establishing a potential nexus with the literature which would get a C&P exam or better yet get a doctor to write a nexus letter. See the nexus letter protocol on this website.