Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Did It Again

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Last week I got two envelops from VARO. One had a decision that the answer was No I will consider asking for a Hearing but also will consider to let it go and ask for CUE on another issue. Both white envelops were addressed to me but one had another Vets name and my address and a second part asking for more information to the Veteran and his address on it. I have an appointment at VA on next Monday and am considering taking all of it and complaining about serious Hippa violations or asking my lawyers who won Avandia claim what I need to do. I am not going to put it in mail back to VA I am going to have someone sign and acknowledge that I turned it in and mail a copy of it to the Vet unbder seperate letter. with copies of what was sent to me by mistake.

When Hippa first came out I thought it was just something the VA came up to cover up their mistakes but have since learned that it was a way sup[posedly to protect information not that it really does when you have morons handling paperwork.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Sorry it wasn't good news, Pete.

Taking our SSN etc off our id cards was a good thing, asking for all of your personal info in earshot of strangers at VA isn't.

I can't believe they get away with it.

What was so good about it........ ?/ and remember even if a fellow veteran isn't listening va employees have axcess to our SSAN regardless, in 2002 one va employee used my ssan to open up some phone accounts and created a real mess for me.. but because I never lost anything the courts said I was not the victim the phone companies were. Go figure a va employee steals my ss number and I am not a victi,.

The SSN was never intended to be used for anything other than SS... it should not be allowed to be used for anything else.. but the American people screwed up and let our government abuse the system for everyone's benefit but ours.....

A VA employee read my file and spread word of my diagnosis far and wide. I went to patient records and asked them to put an alert on my file and to monitor access. They will do this without question. And you can obtain a list of those who snoop.

At Hines VA they had some abrasive madman processing travel who yelled at fields and let their status be known to everyone waiting. I went straight to Patient Advocacy and he's working elsewhere.

HIPPA has some implementation problems at the VA.

Before I became really sick I was a clinical director at a rehab hospital.

Breach of confidentiality was in the top 2-3 things you could do to get dismissed. Rightfully so...

Anxious to see how this turns out for you.