Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Tomorrow Only Answer Questions ?

Rate this question

Greg88

Question

Hi everyone,

I've got my C&P tomorrow with an NP, do I answer only what she asks or offer any elaboration, I hear the chance's are quite high that they will misinterpret what I say and use it against me. I'm bringing DBQs filled and a short letter from MD explaining whats been happening the last 15 years. My MD met with me on Friday 09//7/12 and looked at the DBQ went thru it and checked boxes that I had missed, so evidence wise I'm pretty backed up, will the examiner even read it "one never knows", the letter my MD wrote is 9 total sentences, so short and to the point. I faxed all the evidence down DAV at the RO, will the VA even get it is another question. Is it possible to send everything via VONAPP, so the VA has some documentation on what happening as well as sending via snail mail.

Thanks

Gregory

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

what is the exam for?

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

I've been service connected diabtes type 1 for 36 years, I was treated by the VA from 1976-1997 for the diabetes and complications that set in as the years went past. I've been 100% since 1/98, this is the first C&P since 11/97, which is where they said I was 100%. My Dr. filled out the Diabetes Mellitus DBQ, but not the complications because one the complications for diabetic neuropathy, the examine will want do (it's a 5-10 minute exam, nothing fancy involved) Since the exam in 1997 I've developed hypertension, ED, and urinary incontinence, but since there not on the list that VA sent and not what I was made 100% for, should I even mention them. from what I've been reading sit and look and act dumb seems to be the way to go. If you say something and they see it the wrong way, it will bite you in the ass. Any ideas ?

Gregory

The only problem with staying with VA is there always trying to cut corners, I test my blood sugar 12 times a day (I'm a labile or brittle diabetic), I cannot tell you how many auto accidents and passing out in places where you should not. Nobody bothered to tell me at the VA that as time went on with disease my bodies ability to shows of hypoglycemia would decrease. When you first get the disease your sugars go low, you sweat and shake, but as the years go on the warning signs disappear, I can be at 40 and there may be little or no physical change in me, even my vital signs show little change. I stopped driving 7 years ago and working at this point is out of the question. I've been at 100% for 14.9 years with a disease every medical professional knows is permanent, the Marines say it's permanent, the VA we are not sure. Sorry went off a bit, they kept telling me once they got me on testing in1986 or 87, 1 bottle of strips a month, then they raised to 4 times a day, my VA Dr. told me there was nothing he could do, so I went private and started to be able to 6-8 times a day, never got a limit on syringes or any other medication I needed. I stopped using the VA for medical in 97 and only used them for eye checks till 2002. I'm 56 and if they say it's not permanent, I'll get my Congressmen and my Senator involved, it's getting to the point of just being stupid.

Greg