VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does Senatorial And Congressional Involvement Help?

Rate this question

SolInvictus

Question

Does it help in a DRO appeal to involve your local senator or congressman to get your case closed? And does anyone know the average time that takes to get results. Thanks for any input in advance.

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Like all things political it really depends on how much juice the Congress Critter has. If you are lucky enought to have one who sits on a Veterans Committee probaly helps a lot. But I remember at how the Army would laugh about Congressional Inquiries but it sure made them mad.

I actually think that the best way to make the VA move is to obtain a Writ of Mandamus. Just my opinion.

I agree as with the writ as well

NO, will not help! I have had my congressman check twice so far on my claim.I still am waiting. It has been 19 months now.

Did he manage to at least get the real status of your file pulled out of the stack and checked? And how soon after you requested his assistance did you get any useful info? Thanks buddy.

No. they send in a stock request to some VA liaison in Washington who sends them a canned response. Down the road, when/if they think you have an appeal (not claim) that might win you may get some help.

No. they send in a stock request to some VA liaison in Washington who sends them a canned response. Down the road, when/if they think you have an appeal (not claim) that might win you may get some help.

I see. Is it safe to assume the senator might have more clout if the appeal is with the DRO instate, or is it likely to follow a similar beuraucratic route to a slow and unceremonious death as well?

"or is it likely to follow a similar beuraucratic route to a slow and unceremonious death as well?"

Yes, at this point. If you can get them to contact the RO directly instead of going through the VA congressional liaison, that woulds help.