VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Soc And Appeal Question

Rate this question

Cm Burns

Question

I did a claim for PTSD compensation in 2009 I was given 30% I didnt agree and filed a notice of disagreement because I thought my rating should be higher. On 11 October 2012 I was checking my ebenefits and saw that a statement of case had been done on that day. I later spoke with my veteran service representative who stated that I was given a partial grant and that is probably y no letter yet. Between the time that I put in for the NOD I was moved from 30% to 50%.What would constitute a partial grant would it be an increase from 50 to 70 or would it be a possible backdate of the 50% I'm not really sure what it could be I have not received the statement of case and my VSo states it could be because of the partial grant needing to be input into the system. He saw no information other than the fact that the statement of case was issued and that there was a partial grant I'm trying to get an idea of what to expect. My disagreement was that they gave me the 30% I felt it should at least be 70% I didn't state that I wanted 70 but I did state that I disagree with the 30 so I'm trying to get some of the professionals on here to give me their opinion. I'm also concerned about the fact that the statement of case was done on the 11th and its now the 30th. I know we only have two day I'm sorry 60 days to submit the form nine and I don't want to be waiting the 60 days just to get documentation and miss the cut off. I'm curious as to what options would constitute a partial grant and therefore am asking this question.

Thnx in advance.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

You're right. That's why I was generally trying to find out what would constitute a partial grant that's the part that I am confused about and would like more information about. I thought that people here on the board with all the experience here and between each person may have more insight into what that would be and that's why I was asking the question. Thank you for taking the time to respond regardless!

• In Memoriam

A partial grant could mean an award for another condition other than the one that you may be suspecting. Sometimes they grant one and deny another. Sometimes even a remand on one.

Carlie is right until you get notification there is no way to know what is going on.