VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vet Is Shocked At Va's Threats

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have said a lot worse things publicly about some of the care I received from the VA. I believe if this were to happen to me, I would tell them "Bring it!" The internet is going to end up being the VA's worst enemy. There should be thousands of these videos posted every day! Things would change-fast!

No grounds what so ever for defamation! Even if he named names, if his complaints are true and accurate there would be no grounds. He could get into a peeing contest with the VA about "true and accurate," but the VA would have to defend their ER practices in court. I am sure everyone has seen those overhead video cameras in the ER-good luck with that!

http://www.citmedialaw.org/legal-guide/texas-defamation-law

If the VA were to sue him, they would have to sue the TV station and probably his ISP also. Texas statutes protect them all. He would have a lot of legal help real quick-ACLU and the press organizations. There would probably be either a preemptive suit against the VA or at least a counter suit against them. First order of business-get those video tapes!

As was often said a long time ago and far from home, "They can kill you, but they can't eat you!"

Threatening him was a violation of his civil rights. This particular set of words is very difficult to get around:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

If I recall correctly, and I do, defending this protection was part of the oath I swore! The VA would do well to remember who their clients are.

(PS-This really pissed me off!)

Edited by GuaymasJim

Yep. Vets go to war and fight for freedoms, such as freedom of speech and freedom of the press. I think that means freedom of Youtube, also.

The Vets win the war, so the VA "helps" the Vets by taking those freedoms away from Veterans, and giving them to everyone else. If anyone, anytime, EVER deserved Freedom of the Press, it would be that Veteran and the rest of us, too.

This is a game changer. The VA has long pissed on Veterans, and then ignores him even when he gets the congressman involved. I have said this before..hitting them with your congressman does not work well, but hit them in "the media basket"...that is where it hurts them the most.

We should not have to hit them at all...but too many of us are very much too tired to be kept "beaten down" by the VA sloooooooow....and disrespectful service to Vets.

So, hit the Va where it hurts..not in the face, not in the belly, but in the media. Yes, it defames the hospital, but if the story is true it deserves to be told. People need to know that the VA does not always treat Vets right.

NK, while its not always possible, when I see someone's name tag reversed, I point it out to them and tell them that veterans need, and have a right, to know who they are. Occasionally, I get some push back but just from those who are trying to hide their ID. I am not really an AH or HA but I am fed up with poor VA services.