Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About Bva Decisions

Rate this question

Computer Tech

Question

I know that BVA decisions only apply to the vet that in the decision.I'm a Air Force Thailand vet that was assigned to Korat RTAFB and worked on the perimeter of Camp Friendship which was adjsent to Korat. This spring a vet who was at Korat at the same time I was and worked in the same building on the perimeter of Camp Friendship granting him service connection for DMII due to exposure to herbicides. My question is would it benefit me to submit a copy of the decision in support of my claim for DMII and IHD.

Thanks for the help.

Rick

Take nothing but pictures Leave nothing but footprints

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hello Rick, Did you file your claims under direct exposure or presumptive?

Also any environmental agency report such as Corps of Engineers or BRAC or any other agency reports could help connect those dots for them. Ihd is also what I have I went after the direct approach and have lots of evidence and I have PN without Diab II. This really messes up the VA bad. And I have Sc for lung and now have PH. So they are must rate accordingly. Anyway let me hear alittle more on your claim as it sounds like a very wellrounded one that should succeed.

The VA always denies any chemicals used but it is also funny that when it gets brought forward to the right group they end up having to try and digest it and rated. But its always on their time and they take plenty of it. They know AO was in Thailand and our own Kurt Priessman was there and won his claim. Thanks again. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

I dont know if this will help, but I used a previous BVA decision I had looked up on line to help with a denied claim for a friend of mine. I copied it and sent it in along with appeal. My friend had left tonsil cancer that was denied and he appealed it. There are cancers right in the same area that are Agent Orange service connected, but tonsil cancer isn't one of them. This BVA submitted was granted to vet for this condition, as he had an IMO, showing how close the areas in throat are. The BVA denied my friend for this condition, even tho another vet got approved. It was also the same cell type (squamous) I think alot of Vietnam Vets would probably have this condition, but when they were growing up it was very common to remove tonsils. Good luck

Hello Rick, Did you file your claims under direct exposure or presumptive?

Also any environmental agency report such as Corps of Engineers or BRAC or any other agency reports could help connect those dots for them. Ihd is also what I have I went after the direct approach and have lots of evidence and I have PN without Diab II. This really messes up the VA bad. And I have Sc for lung and now have PH. So they are must rate accordingly. Anyway let me hear alittle more on your claim as it sounds like a very wellrounded one that should succeed.

The VA always denies any chemicals used but it is also funny that when it gets brought forward to the right group they end up having to try and digest it and rated. But its always on their time and they take plenty of it. They know AO was in Thailand and our own Kurt Priessman was there and won his claim. Thanks again. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Bronco

I've have had a 0%SC on my knees since 1972. In 2008 after I retired I started going to the VA and it was suggested that I file claims for whatever was wrong with me, heart, diabetes, feet , knees, everything was denied but the knees, they increased my left knee to 19% and left my right knee at 0%. The reasons for denial was that I hadn't served in Vietnam and couldn't where what I was claiming had occured in the service. In Oct 2009 I reopened my diabetes claim using evidence given to me by Kurt Pressman and a few things like maps and pictures that I found on the Internet, claiming that I had been exposed to herbicides in Thailand. In Nov 2009 I reopened my heart claim aas IHD and asked them to use the evidence submitted with my diabetes claim. In Oct 2010 San Diego denied my diabetes claim saying that I had never served in Vietnam, in Dec 2010 San Diego notified me that since I had not served in Vietnam Nehymer didn't apply to me and in either Jan or April of 2011 they closed the IHD claim. Aug of 2011 I filed my NOD for diabetes citing their failure to consider the evidence that I had submitted and I opened a claim for PN of all four extremities secondary to diabetes. In March of this year I reopened my IHD claim again citing their failure to consider the evidence that I had submitted. IN both my diabetes NOD and my reopened IHD claim I cited the May 2010 C&P bulletin and stated that I had worked withing a 100 to a 150 feet from the perimeter fence. So here I now wait.

Rick

Take nothing but pictures Leave nothing but footprints