VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hard Copy

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I received an acknowledgement of a meeting my vet rep had with the VARO to clarify my issues.

The acknowledgement came months ago from the RO VSM there and I corrected the errors in their take on two issues ,sent it back and never got further response.

However, prior to that my vet rep at the RO claimed ,by phone call to me, that he had presented my IMO (which caught him by surprise because of a screw up at the local vet rep's office-he only found out about the IMO when I sent him and the RO a nasty email-)guess my local vet rep hide it from him-

In order to correct the situation- he said he presented it to the DRO and the same VMS and told me what she (the DRO) said (she said she could not understand medical information so she denied my claim)

and then it was my vet rep's idea- that she obtain a socalled Expert VA doc opinion (I discussed that with Dr. Bash last night-he sure liked my take on it and my response to RO on this opinion- which they also ignored-

The doc actually gave support for the claim! and referred to additional evidence that helps the claim-

My vet rep at the VARO assured me that Dr. Bash's opinion would be read by the VA "expert" but it never was-

I feel kind of stupid- today I realised that I have no proof at all of what that vet rep said to me-

It appears now that he could have just said all that to appease me-

I have emailed his boss for a documented clarification as to whether this IMO meeting with the DRO ever even took place-

The RO acknowledged the issue meeting -which had minimal significance-but never acknowledged this more important DRO 'review' meeting-over the IMO-

My long point here is- Hard Copy- get all you can get- if a vet rep "tells you" something-

one reason I dont like phone calls- the reality is that they can tell you anything by phone and it might not have any basis in fact-

It is pretty unusual for this RO to ignore an IMO from Dr. Bash-

they recently awarded one of the vets I know based on a Bash opinion-

The funny thing is I have some hard copy email that proves my local vet rep is quick to blame others for his errors-and that I had to explain some VA regs to him-all documented----

Again- I suggest -do not deal with these vet reps by phone-use email if you can-or snail mail-

The DAV , my past NSO, did support my older claims on paper but was considerably negative to my husband and my about those claims-

by phone this NSO told me many times by phone that I did not have a chance to succeed-

and -as I mentioned before- he was quite shocked when I wiped out my award letters and settlement papers in front of him and the DAV lawyer-

No email access in those days--- only phone calls and form letters-

If you have the evidence you need, you will eventually succeed-

but when dealing with a vet rep or NSO- I suggest dealing by email or snail mail only-

I believe my RO rep did present my IMO- but then again they are going to have to prove to me that he did-

on paper.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Berta

The Vet Reps The RO They are all on the same team Thats what I've learned . The Rep will promise the World. But he still works for the VA system. I have started calling Vet reps Pacifiers, Suckers to keep Vets quite and happy.Pretty fitting huh! I'm still learning but I learned they all work together. I as the Vet must fight my own battle because I either win or lose not Pete. Battle on!! keep a foot in there A$$&$!!

I've heard nothing from Buffalo Since I sent them the DD214 they needed and said that they have in writing that I of coarse have copys of ! - I guess, they the RO is done trying to find stuff to make me find and send them. Now I wait !! But I'm going to keep on asking questions and keep my name on their minds. I'll go away when the VA Rights the Wrong !

Macool

Edited by macool

I received an acknowledgement of a meeting my vet rep had with the VARO to clarify my issues.

The acknowledgement came months ago from the RO VSM there and I corrected the errors in their take on two issues ,sent it back and never got further response.

However, prior to that my vet rep at the RO claimed ,by phone call to me, that he had presented my IMO (which caught him by surprise because of a screw up at the local vet rep's office-he only found out about the IMO when I sent him and the RO a nasty email-)guess my local vet rep hide it from him-

In order to correct the situation- he said he presented it to the DRO and the same VMS and told me what she (the DRO) said (she said she could not understand medical information so she denied my claim)

and then it was my vet rep's idea- that she obtain a socalled Expert VA doc opinion (I discussed that with Dr. Bash last night-he sure liked my take on it and my response to RO on this opinion- which they also ignored-

The doc actually gave support for the claim! and referred to additional evidence that helps the claim-

My vet rep at the VARO assured me that Dr. Bash's opinion would be read by the VA "expert" but it never was-

I feel kind of stupid- today I realised that I have no proof at all of what that vet rep said to me-

It appears now that he could have just said all that to appease me-

I have emailed his boss for a documented clarification as to whether this IMO meeting with the DRO ever even took place-

The RO acknowledged the issue meeting -which had minimal significance-but never acknowledged this more important DRO 'review' meeting-over the IMO-

My long point here is- Hard Copy- get all you can get- if a vet rep "tells you" something-

one reason I dont like phone calls- the reality is that they can tell you anything by phone and it might not have any basis in fact-

It is pretty unusual for this RO to ignore an IMO from Dr. Bash-

they recently awarded one of the vets I know based on a Bash opinion-

The funny thing is I have some hard copy email that proves my local vet rep is quick to blame others for his errors-and that I had to explain some VA regs to him-all documented----

Again- I suggest -do not deal with these vet reps by phone-use email if you can-or snail mail-

The DAV , my past NSO, did support my older claims on paper but was considerably negative to my husband and my about those claims-

by phone this NSO told me many times by phone that I did not have a chance to succeed-

and -as I mentioned before- he was quite shocked when I wiped out my award letters and settlement papers in front of him and the DAV lawyer-

No email access in those days--- only phone calls and form letters-

If you have the evidence you need, you will eventually succeed-

but when dealing with a vet rep or NSO- I suggest dealing by email or snail mail only-

I believe my RO rep did present my IMO- but then again they are going to have to prove to me that he did-

on paper.

Berta,

What they also can do if they get a phone call and want to document what was said, is to send Vet Rep a letter or e-mail, confirming what was said. For example: This is to confirm our conversation on such and such date, whereas you stated such and such. If any of the above is incorrect, please let me know in writing.

I have done this numerous of times, and only once did I receive a response of what was suppose to be incorrect. My response to that was that we had not discuss that item because if we had I would of answer such and such.

Try this I am quite sure it will work.

Charleese

They clarified this Friday Charleese-

It is NOT what my vet rep told me at all-

It indicates that the VA (this is email from my POA) does not have to consider evidence if they feel it has no merit-to the claim- they said it differently and I posted it word for word somewhere else here-

Bull crap-Dr. Bash aint no quack-he is a Neuro Radiologist- and the veteran was treated by their Neuro quacks -so I felt he was best one to render the brain ischemia MRI stuff and his rationale is solid-

Also unlike some of the Neuro and cardio docs at the VA, Dr. Bash speaks English- that helps a lot.

I had to ask one VA cardiologist who treated Rod to spell whatever he was saying because I did not go to med school in Calcutta like he did.

I fired back to my POA (main office) that to determine this- one actually has to READ the opinion-I also sent them the VA regs as to how evidence will be properly handled.

Had quite a chat with Craig- he speaks VA legalise and right away he asked if they ever listed the IMO as evidence- never , never acknowledged- my RO vet rep said the DRO could not understand medical opinions and that is why she denied the claim- she never read it-

I gave overview of the VA "expert"s opinion and how I knocked that down-they gave me time to respond -

he was very supportive of the medical points I made-but they ignored all that too-

I am obtaining an additional med IMO from him as to additional evidence in the veteran's medical records that supports Rod's undiagnosed DMII.

In 2002 I knew nothing about DMII- I know plenty now and the veteran unfortunately showed numerous symptoms of diabetes for 6 years of VA medical care.

Also it helps to keep reminding the VA that they caused his death by their screw ups (Sec 1151 award/FTCA settlement) and thus it is "more than likely" those dopes could not diagnose the veteran's diabetes properly.

So I did get some documentation from my POA but they did not send me proof that the 646 was filed. I had asked for hard copy proof of that.