Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question? Has Anyone Been To Houston Varo To Discuss Claim

Rate this question

Capt.

Question

Hello All,

I believe that I am going to follow Carlie's advice and head to Houston to discuss my Diagnostic Code problem with them in person and "on the record" . Also , I need to look at the Cfile and get a copy of my C and P exams, which are over a year old.

I was hoping that someone else has been to the VARO and had a similiar experience and what I should expect. I know where it is and have been by it several times but that was years ago. Any help from our board on going there and having the chance to look at the C file and talk with a live person about my claim would be most appreciative. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You know something Jerrel ,,,,maybe you could meet me there and bring on down some Missouri Venison for me to take back. I will let everyone know what happens. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

Carlie ,,,, I had heard that also . But I cannot get anyone to answer the phone at the RO . Iris ....well they won't even send me a reply. How do you do it if they won't answer.??/ Thanks for your help Carlie. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Hey Captain,

Take a copy of those Initial Iris requests and notes on when you tried to call. If they give you any flak about looking at your file or talking with someone, pull them out and aske them "how am I to make an appointment when you don't answer the phone or respond to mail"? Who knows it just might shame them enought to actually treat you decently.

Good luck!

Capt.,

In 2011, I called "Peggy" at 1-800-827-1000 and asked her what I needed to do to review my c-file. She asked what state I was in and I responded "Georgia." She told me I could go to the Atlanta VARO and review my c-file without an appointment. I drove 180 miles round trip to the Atlanta VARO only to learn I had to make an appointment in advance to view my c-file. The receptionist at the Atlanta VARO instructed me to submit a 21-4138 requesting an appointment to review my c-file. I submitted the 21-4138 as instructed and waited several months without hearing anything.

At the time I submitted the 21-4138 I also had an active claim pending. I believe submitting the 21-4138 for an appointment to review my c-file delayed my pending active claim. I base this belief on info I received from other hadit members and on the fact that my request to review my c-file was shown on Ebenefits as a new claim. As soon as I learned the request to review my c-file was being processed like a new claim I sent a letter to the Atlanta VARO advising them that I wanted to withdraw my request to review my c-file. Within a week of sending the letter, Ebenefits indicated the request to review c-file was closed and my current pending claim moved to the next phase a couple weeks later.

Based on what happened to me, I would suggest you only request to review your c-file when you do not have any active claims pending. Make your request before you file the claim or after an active claim has been adjudicated. Others may disagree.

Georgiapapa...