Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Concurrent Reciept And Retired Pay Restoration Act Is Back On.

Rate this question

fiasco007

Question

It would appear that these issues are back on the table. I thought they were dead, but they came back up again. If anyone has anymore info on these, please chime in.

Here is the link to contact your congressmen, and to view the latest bills in question.

http://www.capwiz.com/fra/home/

These two bills are HUGE! And need to gain some serious support. I have already contacted my elected officials, and told them what I thought.

Contentions:

Proposed rating of 90%

Non obstructive sleep apnea (6847)----30% --"actually rated for hypersomnolence"

Migraine (8100)--------------------------------30%

right bicipital tendonitis (5201) -----------20%

DDD Lumbo Spine (5243)------------------20%

Bulging lumbar L-5-S-1/sacral radiculopathy at S-1(8620)-----10%

Knee (Bi-Lat) (5261) ------------------------10% & 10%

Ankle (Bi-Lat) (5271)-----------------------10% & 10%

Planter Fascitis (Bi-Lat)(5284) ----------10% & 10%

Tinnitus (6260)-------------------------------10%

GERD (7399-7346)--------------------------10%

Carpal Tunnel (Bi-Lat) (8515)-------------10% & 10%

Insomnia (499-9433)------------------------10%

Allergic Rhinitis---------------------------------0%

Depression/Mood Disorder----------------DID NOT INCLUDE IN THE RATING! WTF?

Proposed that the following conditions are not related to your military service

Viral Gastroenteritis

Essential hypertrigly ceridermia

As of 27 July 2012..

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

No sadly it really isn't back on the table. Harry Reid decides what comes to a vote and what doesen't. While it is true that had it not been for Harry Reid concurrent receipt or Combat related special compensation would not exist today.. with that said... he could not get concurrent receipt for all retirees in the past and I don't think in this economy it will happen this time either. For a lot of retirees under twenty this really makes us angry.. I went over 20 years until I saw one penny if my retirement, now I get every cent of it as combat related special compensation and it is tax free... For those who would benefit from concurrent receipt I hope it happens, for me at this point I don't care anymore.....

• HadIt.com Elder

Consider draftee or volunteer from Vietnam era who is discharged with zero disability. He/she files for compensation and gets 100% effective to one day after discharge. How is this possible? Did vet go from perfection condition to 100% disabled in 24 hours after discharge?

I do think military disability discharge or retirement system is rigged or at least is was in my day.

Consider draftee or volunteer from Vietnam era who is discharged with zero disability. He/she files for compensation and gets 100% effective to one day after discharge. How is this possible? Did vet go from perfection condition to 100% disabled in 24 hours after discharge?

I do think military disability discharge or retirement system is rigged or at least is was in my day.

Rigged? well I don't know about that , but I do know that at least since 1986 when I was medically retired that the Army retirement system screwed me of of thousands of dollars. I was medically retired for asthma, allergic rhinitics, and right knee issues. I go the minimum 30% from the Army. A month later the va gave me 30% just for asthma and it has increased up since then.... Since the va and Army rating procedures were/are the same this should not have happened. This was a prime reason that todays medical discharged veterans can request a relook and if lucky maybe get a medical retirement instead.....