Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

After 5 Years, Final Decision In!

Rate this topic

Troy Spurlock

One year ago this month the last appeal of three I won on behalf of a Vietnam Veteran has finally been decided on percentage wise by the RO.

This veteran has been fighting his skin condition, claimed as chloracne, since 1974 with a recent reopened claim of 2007. Since I won at the BVA, the approved 30% rating was backdated to 2007!!!

All claims applied and fought for this veteran won! Whene I met him he was at a mere 20%; now he is at 80% as of today because of me knowledge and experience dealing with the corrupt VA "insurance" rubber stamped denial practifes!!!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Troy, you are a true blessing of a veteran , and for the veteran. I wish we had more people like you running our VA system. This way our veterans would at least get was is rightfully

theirs without having to go through Hell with the VA system to get their benefits before dying from their disabilities they acquired while serving this great Country of ours.

God Bless you, and Please Never Stop Helping those of us that need the Help.

Aggie....

• HadIt.com Elder
One year ago this month the last appeal of three I won on behalf of a Vietnam Veteran has finally been decided on percentage wise by the RO.

This veteran has been fighting his skin condition, claimed as chloracne, since 1974 with a recent reopened claim of 2007. Since I won at the BVA, the approved 30% rating was backdated to 2007!!!

All claims applied and fought for this veteran won! Whene I met him he was at a mere 20%; now he is at 80% as of today because of me knowledge and experience dealing with the corrupt VA "insurance" rubber stamped denial practifes!!!

Good on you and him, Troy!!! Was it actually chloracne??? If so I would pursue a claim back to 1974, since chloracne is on the list. I helped a VN vet, w/a skin condition, w/a max rating of 50%, win a CUE claim, for TDIU, decided by the VA Central Office. They only went back 3.5 ys and I advised him to appeal but he didn't want to chance losing the TDIU rating. Too bad for him, as I am 99.9999% positive he could have won an additional 12 yrs retro. jmo

pr

pr

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use