sbrewer

Question

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks Berta,

I just talked to my husband and he said it did not say DRO, so I guess we'll find out soon. I beleive when he heard from the SO Friday, that he said they would make a decision then.

What is Dept. of Adjucation?

sbrewer

Okay so apparently it was DRO. He got his letter in the mail today. 0% for the left toe, but at least they somewhat admitted they screwed it up. Does a 0% mean anything?

The front of letter stated the following:

Monthly entitlement amount/ payment start date/reason for change

$112.00 Jan.1, 2006 This is a DRO grant with no change on amend

$757.00 Jun1,2006 No change on amend

He had been 10% for 26 yrs., so why does the first line say Jan.1,2006 and what does "this is a DRO grant with no change on amend"?

thanks,

sbrewer

If it says on the rating sheet (if they attached that) "0" SC-it means they recognized it as Sec 1151 but cannot rate it-

This was my concern all along sbrewer-

How did this affect him- did he need a special orthopedic shoe? affect to balance?

tendency to infection from rubbing on shoes, does nhis job require standing for hours with resulting pain due to the toe problem---- etc etc-

I knew they should award "as if" SC under Sec 1151 but I could not determine of it was close to even 10% ratable.

I believe he might have other claims to focus on for SC- which would provide a compensatable award-

What a Zero "as if " means- if it gets worse it is already Sced-thus zero could change-

also if this "as if" disability ever should have a contributory cause to his death- long stretch -you never know-

it sets the stage for DIC under 1151-

A widow who killed her husband at close range and went to jail got DIC after her incarcination as the VA decided that the veteran's PTSD contributed to his death.

(by causing him to be abusive to her and -in self defense -she killed him)

One cannot discount any possible scenario regarding anything at all re: the VA.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Thanks Berta for quick response. He was happy to get the 0 because they at least admitted fault. He is still in pain with the toe, however he also in the mail today received an app. for pain management. Oddly enough he has been doing his own research and b-12 deffeciancy can cause a number of problems including tingleing like neuropathy. He is a diabetic and his primary care dr. put him on metformin(please read attached article)http://www.umm.edu/altmed/ConsSupplements/VitaminB12Cobalamincs.html

She also started giving him b-12 injections and according to the neurologist she didn't do that right and only gave him 5 shots. He talked to the neurologist about it and all of a sudden she(primary care) precscribed b-12 tablet. Now we are wondering if he didn't just have a b-12 deffeicency all along causing all these problems which would mean unneccssary toe surgery to start with...He is currently filling out paperwork to change primary care dr. This is the same one that told him "she couldn't stand all these people coming there for government handouts". Instead of playing MD, she likes to pretend to be a pych, podiatrst, cardiologist, and neurologist. She also had him on Elavil for neuropathy-the neurologist immediatly took him off of it and said with his history of depression he should not have been of it.....She also had him on something for depression and the pych. took him off of it and said no to it.....anyway did you know what this meant.... $112.00 Jan.1, 2006 This is a DRO grant with no change on amend

thanks,

sbrewer

"Now we are wondering if he didn't just have a b-12 deffeicency all along causing all these problems which would mean unneccssary toe surgery to start with...He is currently filling out paperwork to change primary care dr. This is the same one that told him "she couldn't"

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

Thiamine , and B 12 - they treat numbness due to PN with this-

it is associated in the DMII training letter-the PN as well as foot problems- due to circulation-

had a vet who just lost his second foot to DMII- gangrene had set into the first lost foot while he was receiving VA medcial care-

YEAH-

I see what you mean! The diabetes caused a reason for them to treat him with the B 12 as it had already caused problem in his toe- and potential unneeded surgery------

That might be worth more than the "0"

If the diabetes caused this toe problem- what else could it have caused- that they didnt pick up on----

might be a long shot- but worth looking into!

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.