VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

23 Mos And Counting

Rate this question

Cybernick1

Question

I am hoping that soon the VARO in chicago will rate my claim. Originally filed in January 2010 but VSO submitted paperwork wrong way and VA came up with date of claim as 19 April 2011. Claimed 4 additional contentions currently at 10% for Tinitus. Nov. 6th 2012 had C&P exam. This time it went very well I think my Podiatrist talked to the examener. Primary problem Left ankle talas bone is collapsing, Avascular Necrosis, I have to were a AFO brace to walk will have ankle fused later this spring. Claimed as secoundary to ankle, Spinal disk/back, Blown right knee, and bad right hip. Got copy of C&P exam, Ankle and back, MORE THAN LIKEKY SC, R. Knee and R. Hip AT LEAST AS LIKELY SC. With this and the other statements by Radiologest verify problem as old injury I have no doubt that NEXUS has been established. I have many entries in my Military medical records concerning my left foot and ankle. They even changed my profile while in Okinawa stating I would more than likely not complete 20 yrs of service due to my condition. Anyways on Nov. 7th recieved letter from VA chicago asking if I had any more info to give them and would I like to file for IU since it appears I will be eligable. I missed the call 1 week earlier from VA guess they were going to ask it then.

My VSO attached a letter to their letter and we told them to adjudicate all items except IU which I will apply for later. Letter hand carried /recieved by VA on Dec. 7th. 2012. On Dec. 13th VA recieved all info from Social Security, I hav,nt worked since September 2012 and was approved in 5 weeks for SSDI waiting till mid April for 1st SSDI check. I know that as of February 8th 2013 my file was on team 2 desk in Chicago. Checked again last week still there as of March 11th, 2013. Yesturday was 700 days 23 months on this claim date I hope they don,t find a reason to send it back, its hard to stay optimistic....

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hang in there. I know the anxiety can be painful but a lot of people have also waited. Patience is the only thing I can say.

Hopefully it will be soon.

J

I know how you feel, i am at 33 months and still waiting.. Good luck, hopefully you will hear something soon.

Need cash as soon as possable to live on. Won't recieve SSDI until mid April. The effective date I was not able to work anymore was September 2012. That will be the date VA uses to determine when I became eligable for IU. If I would of know the SSDI info was to get there as soon as it did I would have filed. Any ways can't remember the name of the legal case a couple or so years ago concerning VA and awarding 100% IU. Basicly it stated if the VA has all info including Social Security info on a Vet and it was obvious that IU was gonna be proper then they are encouraged to go ahead and procead with it. I doubt that happens. The Chicago VARO is one of the worst in the country. One should not submit anything again unless you want to go to the bottom of the pile and maybe get lost. I'll let them complete one before the other, the 60% to70% I should be awarded at least along with the SSDI will at least give me my life back. I think I should hear something in the next 30 to 45 days?????