Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Non Service Pension & Dependents Issue.....

Rate this question

chrome_305

Question

I am currently receiving the NSC pension I didn't even know anything about it until early 2011 it took me only six month to get the whole process done.

I got a letter in the mail today saying that I could not add my dependents because I didn't have a rating of 30% or higher. It took the Va since last year Oct (when i filed for them) to tell me this and send a letter. Can some one shine some light on this. I didn't know I need to have a service connected rating of 30%. Currently my service connected rating is at 0% and I do have appeals in the system so i can get a higher SC rating. When I received the award letter for the pension it said that I needed to submit my dependents info and now months later.... I hit a brick wall :(.

-----------------------------------------------------NSC pension---------------

Also to get the NSC pension which I am receiving it says

In addition to meeting minimum service requirements, the Veteran must be:

• Age 65 or older, OR
  • Totally and permanently disabled, OR
  • A patient in a nursing home receiving skilled nursing care, OR
  • Receiving Social Security Disability Insurance, OR
  • Receiving Supplemental Security Income

---------------------------------------------

Here is a link to where I have all my info about my current situation if anyone wants to help.

/index.php?/topic/51620-need-help-with-claimall-info-inside/?hl=chrome_305#entry303540" rel="norewrite">http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51620-need-help-with-claimall-info-inside/?hl=chrome_305#entry303540

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Your dependents are already added in to the income threshold for pension. 30% has to do with sc issues. Pensions has to do with the amount of money you are entitled to with dependents.

The letter had to have told you why (other than 30%) you are being paid as a single? Marital history discrepancies? Dob Ssn and place of birth missing for children? If adopted living under same household, or proof or relation to out the exact verbiage on the notification letter. Normally that is under the amount box....

"We are paying you as..." Then it goes on to tell what is missing or why they can't add dependents

wife. If it says 30% then I would be making a call. I really can't tell you with

The letter had to have told you why (other than 30%) you are being paid as a single? Marital history discrepancies? Dob Ssn and place of birth missing for children? If adopted living under same household, or proof or relation to out the exact verbiage on the notification letter. Normally that is under the amount box....

"We are paying you as..." Then it goes on to tell what is missing or why they can't add dependents

wife. If it says 30% then I would be making a call. I really can't tell you with

Edited by chrome_305

Definitely call and write in and ask about the status of your dependency claim if there isn't one then tell them that you wish to follow up that way it's done within a year