Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is There A Cue Here?

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

Going way back in my C-file and on one of their pages (that did not come to me in 83) is this break down:

SMR shows normal audiogram on preinduction PE. Mine clearly states a hearing loss in the 4000hz range at 55!

SMR is silent for complaint of hearing loss. Again a play on words my SMR clearly shows an occasion of treatment for otitis media

and also for a wax build up. I mean back then we just went in had it treated and back out there door!

AND THEN: SMR shows normal hearing on separation PE. On this one where the vet fills out and checks symptoms I checked

hearing loss, again clear as day! And in the dr.'s notes he wrote "hearing loss unilateral high frequency and also it looks like

connective loss-media. Not sure what that means?

Please let me know what you guys think. I am probably going to prepare a NOD based on these.

Thanks, Stillhere

Here are the number from my very first claim for hearing loss:

right ear Left ear

500hz=35, 1,000= 60, 2000= 65 avg 53% 500=35, 1,000= 50, 2,000=55 avg 47%

In the remarks:

Bilateral sensorineural hearing loss, mild to severe on the right and mild to moderate on the left.

Edited by stillhere

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Going way back in my C-file and on one of their pages (that did not come to me in 83) is this break down:

SMR shows normal audiogram on preinduction PE. Mine clearly states a hearing loss in the 4000hz range at 55!

SMR is silent for complaint of hearing loss. Again a play on words my SMR clearly shows an occasion of treatment for otitis media

and also for a wax build up. I mean back then we just went in had it treated and back out there door!

AND THEN: SMR shows normal hearing on separation PE. On this one where the vet fills out and checks symptoms I checked

hearing loss, again clear as day! And in the dr.'s notes he wrote "hearing loss unilateral high frequency and also it looks like

Please let me know what you guys think. I am probably going to prepare a NOD based on these.

Thanks, Stillhere

At 100%, VA treatment to include hearing aids is available for no additional cost. It's doubtful that the effort to get your hearing loss service connected at 55 is worth the trouble.

Normally, without total hearing loss, no additional compensation would result.

Thanks, Stillhere

Here are the number from my very first claim for hearing loss:

right ear Left ear

500hz=35, 1,000= 60, 2000= 65 avg 53% 500=35, 1,000= 50, 2,000=55 avg 47%

In the remarks:

Bilateral sensorineural hearing loss, mild to severe on the right and mild to moderate on the left.

I think my tests showed clear hearing loss!