Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Results

Rate this question

tom91

Question

Obtained copy of c&p exam for cervical spine condition secondary to HNP. The flex results appear favorable; however, the examiner responded to medical opinion as "the claimed condition is less likely than not (<50%) due to or result of svc. His rationale is "there is no medical evidence that a HNP of lumbar spine can cause DDD or DJD".

In my med file, there is a stmt from the pain clinic dr that my condition is at least as likely due to injury caused from jumping in fox hole, which caused my lumbar condition.

Two conflicting opinions...any opinion on which way they will lean is most appreciated!

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Check your exam notes, do you have thoracolumbar scoliosis or kyphosis noted in your medical records? If you do, under painful motion you are entitled to the minimum compensable rating for a malaligned joint. If your lumbar injury has pushed your spine out of Sagittal or Coronal alignment this places undue pressure and wear and tear on the adjacent joints/group of minor joints. Unfortunately, you will probably need to get a IMO.

Get an Independent Medical Opinion.

Herniated Nucleus Pulposus, or a "Herniated Disc" is very often related or caused by Degenerative Disc Disease.

The Dr saying HNP doesn't cause DDD is technically correct, but is missing the bigger picture; that both HNP and DDD are indicators of a messed up back. You can't separate the two.