Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hpv/left Ovary Removal

Rate this question

renee

Question

I was diagonsed in 1992 with HPV, this came witha positive pregnancy test by my former husband. I was treated for this and even cryosurgery while in service. I left the service in 1996 with a medical discharge. Because of recurrent yeast infections while in service I received a 0% rating for "vaginal infections" After leaving the military I continued to have recurring yeast infections and have had two subsequent surgies as a result of the problems with the HPV. One surgery resulted in removal of my left ovary due to "scar tissue". I filed in 2008 but was denied a short 6 months later. I literaly tossed the decision and filed it, never pursued it any further. Well......while going through my medical records to dig up information of a service connected issue, I found the original diagnosis, treatment and surgery records. Now keep in mind that my VSO identified that the rating from 2009 was brokered to anothe regional office due to the volume in the Roanoke office. In the decision they indicate that I was never treated or diagnosed for this probloem. He suggested that because of the problems that I'm still having relating to this issue, that I reopen the file.

Are there any cases you can refer me to relating to HPV and can I submit the medical records the VA "claimed" they reviewed as part of the reopened case? I'm furious as you can believe. I have one chid and cannot get pregnant, now I understand more why I cannot. I'm already service connected for depression. This is frustrating to say the least.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

well i am not much on women issues but, whenever you find something that started in service and was treated it is quite a bit easier to get it SC. I don't know how many times we have said that getting your SMR's if you are in now or too anyone that has served to get them. They are a gold mind of what went on with you while you where in service.

To your particular question I would check the rating criteria for the illness and see if it is rateable and go from there.

Good luck Stillhere

• HadIt.com Elder

You need to take all claims info and medical info and call Bergmann Moore.

They may be able to help you. Professional representation is what you need.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.