Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Worsening Sc Condition

Rate this question

indyman

Question

I got a call from the VA RO Indy yesterday informing me that my claim would be another 7 to 9 months befor a decision is made. I have the following questions

C&P exam showed worsening lower PN, moderately severe. Upper PN with a severity of moderate. The NP clearly identified the worsening conditions.

I contacted my VA doctor in Neurology because of leg cramps and she increased my meds, and she also noticed the C&P exam on my worsening LPN/UPN, with an appointment scheduled in June.

If I submit evidence of worsening SC's mentioned above, should I request the evidence be attached to my pending claim for IU, or submit a 21-526ez for an increase.

I just can not see waiting 7 to 9 months for the award or denial and then make the appeal, and start another claim for the worsening SC's. The NP C&P notes are with my IU claim.

When I go to Neurology and my doctor states upper and lower PN have worsened, should I send in that evidence for attachment or do the 21-526ez for an increased schedular rating.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Indy, Damn shame to be caught in this type of situation. Because either way it looks like the VA is taking their time.

If it were me I would look at my numbers if I have enough dough to wait another 9 months I would send it in about the increase and I would wait and see how it goes when the award happens. If they included it or not somewhere along the way you might have to appeal anyhow.

Sorry for your pain!

Good luck, Stillhere

After TL 10-07. All conditions are considered an increase with emphasis on the conditions listed on the 8940 or statement by veteran. Your on should already be considered as an increase in order to help you pending claim for IU. Jmho