VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Phone Call?

Rate this question

jlrith

Question

Good afternoon all,

I understand a number of veteran's have been receiving phone calls from their regional offices to inform them that they have been approved for 100% disability.

On May 10th I received a call from my caller ID's invalid phone number identifier - 197700 (same as seeing 000-000-0000 on a phone call) but they did not leave a message.

I have a claim that I expect will be rated 100% but there has been no movement on eBenefits since they moved it to "Pending Decision" on 4/29.

Anyone have experience with these phone calls?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

It is not unusual to receive phone calls from the RO for a variety of reasons. I received one the other day regarding scheduling an in-person DRO review. In my case, the number that showed up on my caller ID was the RO's local phone number.

As I understand it, these notification calls have been unofficial.

I would have expected that if this were something official I would have received a voicemail, another call or a letter.

Of course, it could also have been a wrong number from Nigeria.

• HadIt.com Elder

phone calls are not written contracts until you see it in writing it doesn't mean anything regardless of whose mouth it comes out of I trust them even more when I see the cash in the bank

And that's why I have kept every scrap of paper since the day I entered boot camp. If its not written down, it didn't happen.

I'm hoping this is a canary in the coal mine; that my claim is almost done.

The Denver RO has been extremely quick and accurate with my prior claims, and I know my C&P exam and other medical records fully support my current claim, plus it took just a handful of days to move through the reviewing evidence phase.

Edited by jlrith

The VA has been notifying the veteran upon completion of their claim. As I am told, they are not giving any specific percentages. This is a call from VA in efforts to improve their personal relations skills.

LOL I wish they sent out the documents for claims as fast as they sent out BILLS! How come those aren't backlogged and provisional LMAO Go VA go NOT!