Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dependency Claim - Preparation For Notification

Rate this topic

AFButch

Maybe or MAYBE I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. My 13+ month dependent claim MAY be on its way to completion. It was already sent back for a correction to the notification letter and is now back into the authorization phase at PREPARATION FOR NOTIFICATION phase. This is in the Portland, Oregon RO. They still show projected date of the earliest of June 21st for completion. My contact at that RO says not to pay any attention to the dates posted because they are automatically put on ebenefits. He did not offer a personalized estimation for the actual completion. So, I will be closely watching EBENEFITS, my bank account and the US Mail. More optimistic than I have been in awhile but not counting on it until I see it in the bank. Could be as early as this week or as long as next year, LOL.... Just wanted to let folks know, things are moving along after what I felt was a long wait for a dependent claim. (Just to add my wife of 27 years following my 100 compensation rated claim finalized last March 2012 with a backdate to 10/2010.)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Claim closed today! Notification has been sent. Can see on the Benefit Verification that my monthly compensation will now include my spouse/dependent but can not find anywhere where it says the amount of back pay I will receive. Sure the bank will show it in a few days. LONG haul but finally feeling much better. My wife is now officially and recognized with the VA.

Congratulations to you and your family! I have been complaining about a dependency claim in now for 9 months. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

:)

I am coming up to a year on my dependency claim but that is what happens whenever you have another claim active. They don't work on more than two claims at once even if its just a dependency claim. They can't walk and chew bubble gum at the same time....

Congrats you got your completed...

Edited by rpowell01

(Just to add my wife of 27 years following my 100 compensation rated claim finalized last March 2012 with a backdate to 10/2010.)

Congrats !

Please update your profile to reflect the current percentage level of SC.

Thanks

I fixed the percentage, Carlie. Thanks for the well wishes. Just so all can compare. This dependency claim was the ONLY claim I had in process. It took a little over 13 months to complete. Hoping better for those who follow with theirs.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use