Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Yay! Awarded 70% But Wait....

Rate this topic

chrome_305

Sorry I thought you had already been to the BVA and the disabilities you have listed as reopened were reopened (remanded) by the BVA.. I must say it's difficult to follow your claim.

Best Wishes

C.B.

I have been denied those things labeled"reopen" and had let time expire but everything got reopen in 2011. Everything reopened was rated non service connected except rash on chest which was 0%

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys here is a update I got the envelope in the mail.....

Here is what the approval says it says ....."Your lay testimony was adequate to establish the occurance of the claimed stressor and the claimed stressor is consistant with the places, types, and circumstances of your service. the VA exaiminer also related your stressor to the fear of hostile military or terrorist activity, and the exaiminer linked your PTSD symptoms to the stressor.

An examination will be scheduled at a future date to evaluate the severity of your service connected PTSD (posttraumatic stress disorder)."

Then it goes on and denies some claims saying they dont have the c-file and their are some they denied saying this multiple times "The evidence does not show an event, disease or injury in service." When there is.

It also says ...

"we determined that you are entitled to both disibility pension and service connected compensation. Under Va law yo can't recieve both benifits at the same time. We have granted service connected compensation as the greater benefit. However, you may choose( or 'elect') to recieve either benifit program at anytime. Your overall or combined rating is 70%. We do not add the individual percentages of each condition to determine your combined rating. We use a combined rating table that considers the effects from the most serious to the least serious conditions. We enclosed Va form 21-8764, "Disibillity Compensation Award Attachment-Important Information" which explains certain factors concering your benifits."

Here is the break down for giving me 70%

We have assigned a 70 percent evaluation for your PTSD based on:

• Occupational ans social impairment , with deficiencies in most areas, such as work,school, family relations, judment, thinking, or mood
  • difficulty in adapting to a worklike setting
  • Difficulty in adpating to stressful circumstances
  • Inability to establish and maintain effective relationship
  • obsessional rituals which interfer with routine activites
  • Speech intermittenly illogical
  • Suicidal ideation
  • The exaimer assessment of your current mental functioning, which is partially reflected in your Global Assessment of Function score found below
  • Difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships
  • Disturbance of motivation and mood
  • Flatted affect
  • Impaired judment
  • Panic attacks more than once a week
  • Anxiety
  • Chronic sleep impairment
  • Depressed mood
  • Suspiciousness

It goes on to say why I fit in the 70% category and not 100% for PTSD.

Edited by chrome_305

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use