Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Some Advice....

Rate this question

rpowell01

Question

Okay I know most of you know my issues by now.

I filed for a claim for Hypertension last year because it seemed every time I went to see any Doctor my blood pressure was so high they always had to do an EKG or was about to send me to the ER, be it private or the VA.

I decided to talk with my PCP at the VA about this and he was able to get me a blood pressure monitor. I got this monitor last Thursday. Every reading I have taken my blood pressure has been okay with the DIA ranging from the high 80s to the low 90s.

Now, from all the readings on the net hypertension isn't considered until it reaches 100.

My pulse rate on the other hand has been in the 90s and even at 103 with no activity whatsoever before the check. This one here is what bothers me more than anything. My PR shouldn't be that high and I don't understand why its this high. This is the reason why I feel at times my blood pressure is up sky high.....

Could I be feeling like I do have hypertension when in fact its the Anxiety that I have from all the chronic pain? Is my pulse rate that high because of the Anxiety? I knew they underrated my Anxiety two years ago and they told me they underrated it but I didn't know I was that bad. I had a GAF score of 63 or something close to that during the C&P exam but they only gave me 50% on my Anxiety because they said it hasn't affected my work where now it has affected my work because it was Anxiety with all the pain that caused me to finally medically retire.

I am curious about one more thing. Will Anxiety stick with me for the rest of my life? Will it ever go away if the VA can find a way to stop the chronic pain?

Thanks for the comments...

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Okay I know most of you know my issues by now.

I filed for a claim for Hypertension last year because it seemed every time I went to see any Doctor my blood pressure was so high they always had to do an EKG or was about to send me to the ER, be it private or the VA.

I decided to talk with my PCP at the VA about this and he was able to get me a blood pressure monitor. I got this monitor last Thursday. Every reading I have taken my blood pressure has been okay with the DIA ranging from the high 80s to the low 90s.

Now, from all the readings on the net hypertension isn't considered until it reaches 100.

My pulse rate on the other hand has been in the 90s and even at 103 with no activity whatsoever before the check. This one here is what bothers me more than anything. My PR shouldn't be that high and I don't understand why its this high. This is the reason why I feel at times my blood pressure is up sky high.....

Could I be feeling like I do have hypertension when in fact its the Anxiety that I have from all the chronic pain? Is my pulse rate that high because of the Anxiety? I knew they underrated my Anxiety two years ago and they told me they underrated it but I didn't know I was that bad. I had a GAF score of 63 or something close to that during the C&P exam but they only gave me 50% on my Anxiety because they said it hasn't affected my work where now it has affected my work because it was Anxiety with all the pain that caused me to finally medically retire.

I am curious about one more thing. Will Anxiety stick with me for the rest of my life? Will it ever go away if the VA can find a way to stop the chronic pain?

Thanks for the comments...

It seems you need more than just a blood pressure monitor you should try to get a full medical check-up either with your private provider or your assigned VA provider. You may very well have inter current medical conditions aggravating your anxiety and putting your blood pressure and pulse out of normal range. I agree with the rest of the folks in here it takes a medical doctors to really start ruling out what could be going on with you. It could be the medication you are taking that causing everything out of control, who knows only docs can answer that. As far as your curiosity whether anxiety will stick with you... you are service connected for anxiety forever as far as VA is concerned and according to you that your chronic pain and anxiety caused you to medical retire then you should consider applying for individual unemployability if you can in fact prove that your service connected condition caused you to prematurely retire or apply for increased evaluation for your anxiety, which avenue you choose to take you should take it as soon as you can.