Rate this question

AfghanVet850

Question

• Answers 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks for the great info!

I understand that you don't want to send anything in after you file an FDC.

But I see several things that are needing to be sent.

- DBQs

- Claim

- Medical documentation

How do you manage the order these get sent in?

Since the DBQ states that the doctor is to fax the form directly to the VA, it seems like that one is out of your control. (what if you have a few of these and they are a week or more apart?)

So, would you have the doc send the DBQs, then send all pertinent medical documentation and THEN file the actual claim?

Seems like that way you wouldn't be sending in anything after the claim is actually filed.

Or am I making this harder than it needs to be? : -)

This what I did to simplify it. When I had the doctor fill out the DBQ I had him make a copy for their records and he handed me the original before I left the Dr's office. No way I was going to trust it being faxed in like it says on the form. If you do it online your 21-526EZ is done in the VONAPP system in Ebenefits it walks you through it to fill it out. You upload your 21-4138, DBQ, DR IMO if needed and any outside medical documents during the online claim process and then certify it's all your going to give them and your done and it's a breeze. Then you get a email saying they recieved in within minutes with a reciept number and you can view it like any other claim in ebenefits. I did that and in Phoenix my two FDC's were done in 111 days and the last in 45 days. The 45 days one was finished just 2 weeks ago so they are still working FDC's on a priority basis like they say they are. Now if you have them do a C&P if you can't get a DBQ filled out that could be a wait since they are working all those 2 yr + claims and they are doing C&P's like crazy atleast here in Phoenix. Now if you mail it in do the same thing just make sure you copy all your documents in case they lose them and very important use the most current version of the 21-526EZ. They can make it difficult if they want to just for that using the wrong version of the form it should be dated at the bottom Jan 2013 which (SUPERSEDES VA FORM 21-526EZ, AUG 2011,WHICH WILL NOT BE USED). Either way send everything you need for the FDC with it and let it sit and wait.

Edited by manning01

Manning01,

Thanks for the great detailed explanation!

I think I can do it now.

Anytime, glad I could help in some way a fellow vet. There are lots of vets on here with tons of great knowledge and it sure helped me, I just wished I found this site two years earlier. I wish you all the luck in your claim and please keep us updated. Thank you for your service sir.

I'm a firm believer in the FDC program. After waiting over 2 1/2 years on my initial claim to be decided I decided to file using the FDC process for my final two claims. The first was done in 111 days and my final claim was done in only 45 days both were fully developed claims no C&P needed etc I gave them everything they needed to rate them. Both were successful claims and it took me from 40% to now 80%. So if you do a FDC right up front as Meghp0405 says you should hopefully get good results. BTW I did these FDC's with a good VSO (AMVETS) and it's the Phoenix RO that my FDC's went through.

Manning01. I am an unofficial VSO in Payson. I am the only person helping Vets up here. I do it voluntarily by word of mouth. My case load is approx. 20 cases at any time. I need to find a good VSO that I can send Vets to. Can you give me tteh VSO at AMVETS that you have used. It has been difficult to find a GOOD vso to refer to.

Thanks Mil T

Manning01. I am an unofficial VSO in Payson. I am the only person helping Vets up here. I do it voluntarily by word of mouth. My case load is approx. 20 cases at any time. I need to find a good VSO that I can send Vets to. Can you give me tteh VSO at AMVETS that you have used. It has been difficult to find a GOOD vso to refer to.

Thanks Mil T

Mil T I just sent you a PM check your message inbox.