Fully Developed Claim

Rate this question

AfghanVet850

Question

• Answers 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Update FDC stil in Prep for decision for 122 days FDC filled Feb 1st nothing requested of me. whats wrong with St. Pete RO

They must be busy Here in South Dakota I filled a FDC in May and it was finished in July and I filed another in July and Now I wait to see if the 90 day rule they shoot for here will be good or not....Track Record here is good so far....According to my VSO. I hope you hear something soon.

Edited by BakerGeckos

Just got a response from IRIS

Discussion Thread Response via Email Via Email (Department of veterans Affairs) 08/07/2013 10:02 AM Dear Mr. Bowman:

This is in response to your inquiry to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) dated July 17, 2013.

Once a claim is in the Decision Phase there is no difference between a regular claim and an FDC claim. They FDC status affects the Development Phase, but not the Decision Phase. We apologize for the confusion.

Your claim is currently in the Decision Phase and is waiting for review by the rating team. If the rating team determines that we have all the required evidence needed, we will prepare a decision on your claim and notify you in writing. If we determine additional information is needed, we will contact you.

Currently claims at the St. Petersburg Regional Office are taking about 8 months to complete. Please understand that these timeframes are only averages, and that your claim may take longer based upon the specifics of your claim and VA’s pending workload.

We apologize for the length of time it is taking to make a decision on your claim, however, we are currently experiencing a backlog of claims. The Decision Phase can sometimes be a lengthy process because we want to make sure every claim has a thorough review, as well as a fair and accurate decision.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

Sincerely yours,

C. Boyd
National IRIS Response Center Manager
js

How to Contact VA:

On line:
www.va.gov
www.ebenefits.va.gov

By phone:
(800) 827-1000
Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) 711

By fax: