Fully Developed Claim

Rate this question

AfghanVet850

Question

• Answers 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Could the problem be that your claim is caught in the midst of the effort to clear the long over due claims? Without the change in emphasis, FDCs were a top contender for attention in the RO. But with the Department driving the VBA to get through the stack of long overdue claims (an effort that's long overdue), claims like ours are now on back burner or at least sharing attention according to some other posts. Probably depends on the RO, i.e. what the claims look like that are more than a year old, RO leadership, etc.

I'm hoping that the long overdue stack will be cleared at Philly ASAP so that my FDC claim can get the attention it should have - and those vets who've waited for an extremely long time get an answer. Maybe that's the problem at St Pete?

Wonder what will happen after October 1st when the manditory overtime effort ends? Will VBA rebalance effort back to where it was previously, before April 1st?

Thanks to all, you guys have given so much good advice. I wish I would have known this prior to my FDC, I submitted on 9/24. My VSO says that It should be fine, but I am very worried. I was medically retired from the Navy in Febr due to Chron's Disease. I am 80% SC and I put in an FDC to have my PTSD, Chron's, Knee and Hearing %s increased. Most of these conditions, I am worse since I received my ratings in the spring. I told my VSO I am being seen at 3 different VA facilities in Texas due to all of them have different available specialty DRs. My VSO only submitted with the note about the 1 VA, which was my PCM at first and mailed my Meds. After 7 months they finally referred me to the VAs that I needed for my PTSD, Chron's etc. I don't want to send any evidence in and cause my FDC to go to a Traditional Claim and wait 2 years, but I don't want to waste 6 months either, with a negative result. Do you guys have any advice on what to do? I had well documented claims with my original %s, but was not given fair %s. I know that they will be increased, but I don't want that to be years down the road, when I have all the evidence now. My DRs said they will fill out DBQs anytime, which is rare considering they are all VA Docs. Sorry I went on too long. I had to quit a very lucrative job as an Agent with the state, and in a few months my family will begin to struggle financial. I just don't want my family to have to suffer because of my health. God bless all of you, and may we all receive what we deserve.

Navy04,

I hear you, brother. Honestly, I don't know how this will go. Seems like there are two options - either the RO pulls from one VAMC only or they pull your entire record from across the Veterans Health Administration. The way it's supposed to work is that they pull from all the government sources without kicking you down to a traditional claim from your FDC status. That's probably what your VSO is expecting/hoping/wishing...

Have you received your 5103 form in the mail? It's the form that asks you, once again, to either send in what you have or certify the government already has everything it needs somewhere within the federal government. My situation is different, but my VSO had me write on the form that all my records were held by my servicing VAMC right underneith the signature area. What if you write on yours that all of your records are held by the three who service you? If you haven't gotten it yet, this might be an option.

Another opportunity could be that when you go for your C&Ps, you foot stomp heavily that the VA is treating you in the following list of VAMCs. I don't think this would amount to much but anything you can do to point out where your records are might help.

You're likely to get the best opinion on your situation from someone like Harleyman who is a rater himself at an RO.

Otherwise, I'll pray that things come together for you and your family. My family and I have waited an awful long time for the VA. Best piece of advice I can give you is to find some sort of employment, whatever you can do, for the short term if at all possible and watch for the thresholds on what the VA terms "financial hardship" so that you can use that to speed up your claim process should it bog down. I had to turn down some full-time employment as a result of my health conditions shortly after retiring. We're now in a race between the credit card balance and the VA to see which will make a major move first. We've been waiting on the VA to do the right thing since June, 2012. The NSO promised me a combined 100% in 60-90 days thanks to the wonderful FDC process. Boy, was I suckered. Five months later, I got 10% for tinnitis and denied/no increase on any other portion. The VSO has us in a reconsideration claim now that's lasted since mid-April with no activity on the claim and the deadline rapidly approaching to NOD. Max'ing our credit card will win this one, I fully expect, and justice will be delayed for somewhere around two more years until we win the appeal. Hope this isn't your experience as well, but seems like it's all too common.

TiredCoastie,

You throw out some good scenarios, and I hope they go in my favor. I was an agent with the state Tracking Violent Sex Offenders, making a lot of money, but I couldn't handle it anymore. I have not received a 5103 in the mail. I just submitted my FDC on 9/25. I hope I get that form and I can list the all the VAs on there. That will be a big chunk of evidence for me, if not it will be a shot at the crap game. Thanks for your kind words. I hope I don't have to do C&Ps, God they make me so nervous, as it does for everyone Im sure.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think I filed a FDC. I told them my claim was for an increase for DMII. I said all the evidence I had was at the Tampa VA next door and that was the only evidence I had. I was already 10% and shooting for 20% based on fact that I am on oral meds now for the DMII. I first got a letter from Jax , Florida asking me some questions. I filed out that for saying they had all my evidence at the VA. All they have to do is look at my VA doctor's notes. I told them there was no other evidence. However, they are treating this as a new claim and not an increase. My DMII is presumptive to AO exposure. It is not going to really affect my compensation but I want to keep up with it. They say it is going to take 12-15 months. This does not sound like FDC.

John