Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tbi Help....

Rate this question

Kadyrmacias

Question

Ok this situation is giving me more headaches than the ones I have already. K, this is the situation, I was knocked out in Iraq because an IED went off under neath my truck, I was the gunner and I was out for about 20 seconds, the truck completely destroyed, luckily we didn't flip but there was no engine on the truck at the end, now I have a medical document that says I had a mild concussion because of terrorists attack, now the army is saying that 3 page medical report they I got from Iraq (like the one you get when they print it for u in a military clinic when u request it), they say is not enough proof, now what is the regulation for a concusion is it a tbi or not, should I let it go, anyone that I need to talk to on the military side so I can get help to het an lod, also a lod was initiated but never returned to me by the time i left iraq, I'm also heading for a med on approved ptsd Lod and sleep apnea on approve LoD, but they don't want to approve my tbi LoD any help or guidance. Thanks

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

"but they don't want to approve my tbi LoD any help or guidance. Thanks"

Do you mean the VA has rejected or questioned the LOD?

or the Army:

"now the army is saying that 3 page medical report they I got from Iraq (like the one you get when they print it for u in a military clinic when u request it), they say is not enough proof"

Do you have a formal VA denial letter of the TBI claim?

If so can you scan and attach it here as to their reasons and bases for denial of TBI? (Cover name and C file #etc etc.)

Or can you scan the Army medical report?

This is a link here to the 2008 TBI regulations:

TBIs are rated on residuals....is that what they are questioning?

If you claimed TBI formally with the VA , they should have , or will, give you a TBI C & P exam.

I am confused here about your post...........and who is questioning the LOD..... the Army or the VA.

Did you get medical help for the concussion?

Do you have copies of your complete SMRs? (Service medical records)

The army is questioning that 3 page medical report, the only time I got seen was in Iraq that's where I got that medical report. I'm still pending a VA rating is being a year already since I put that claim. I already did a tbi c and p, I tried to get copies but can't find where to get then since a civilian did the exam as requested by the Va. Thanks for the info

How do you say you are 90% disability yet no VA rating?

Your medical records will have this information. Navy Corpsman and Army medics use the SOAP methodology...get that information and you are gold. I have my IED exposure documented and I only lost temporary consciousness.

I do have a rating from the va is at 90, 70 ptsd,50 sleep apnea, and a tbi that's being over a year that's pending. The problem I have is that the army doesn't want to give me an LoD for the IED exposure I had even though the medical documents I have says "terrorist explosion" and it also says mild concusion.