Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Past Due Claim In Ebenefits.

Rate this question

indyman

Question

I just got off ebenefits and my claim for IU is in the Preparation for Decision Phase, and it states my claim is past due as of 5/27/13. Is there any importance to this date or is it an anticpated date of completion? Does the past due statement indicate a denial or award? Or is it just another set of dates they can put on a claim so it won't set on a desk for years?

It is very frustrating to see a fully developed claim set for months and maybe even years before anything is done. If they attach dates to claims, what is the reasoning for it.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

(This is just for initial claim development, but kind of holds true for other areas). All claim files don't sit at a ve employees desk so they assign dates to them. Say the date of the vcaa letter is sent to you is 4 jun 13. You have 30 days to respond. So the file will go to the files for 30 days 5 jul13, unless more evidence comes in and the file clerks will pull the file and place it on the incoming for the employee reviewing your file. Ebenefits dates are kind of like that. A projected date that is not to be held to. Jmho. I wouldn't think much of the date in there as positive or negative. My dependency claim shows 11/12. Just a little off. Hang in there and good luck

Edited by T8r

I just got off ebenefits and my claim for IU is in the Preparation for Decision Phase, and it states my claim is past due as of 5/27/13. Is there any importance to this date or is it an anticpated date of completion? Does the past due statement indicate a denial or award? Or is it just another set of dates they can put on a claim so it won't set on a desk for years?

It is very frustrating to see a fully developed claim set for months and maybe even years before anything is done. If they attach dates to claims, what is the reasoning for it.

Hoover your cursor over the dates shown on ebullsheet, and it will explain

suspense dates to you.