VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally Received My Brown Envelope....but!

Rate this topic

bm6546

I finally received my brown envelope. They gave me a temporary evaluation of 100% for 1 month based on surgical or other treatment necessitating convalescence.

An evaluation of 30 % is assigned from Dec 1, 2012.

"We have assigned a 30% evaluation based on VA examination findings of 3/14/13 which notes supraventicular tachycardia with more than 4 episodes documented with holter monitor. Your file will be transferred back to BVA for their consideration of your standing appeal. We have assigned an effective date of 12/1/12 because that is consistent with findings at VA examination".

Although I am basically happy with being rated at 30%, I am not sure if I want to appeal this rating. I do not agree with the effective date of 12/1/2012. I filed my original claim back in June 2006. I am not sure why they decided on Dec 1, 2012. My C&P exam was back in March 2013 and the doctor noted that I had a heart ablation for my PSVT, back in Oct, 2012. I have had this PSVT ever since I was discharged from the Navy in 1966. I finally received the proper medical care, thanks to modern medicine and technology, to help ease my current PSVT. My heart ablation helped me tremendously and I am very thankful for that. It did not cure me but my PSVT is much less occuring and a lot easier to deal with and my life is a lot easier to deal with. I will still have to take my heart medication (Metoprolol) for the rest of my life.

Hope I don't sound like I am whining or ungrateful, but I just don't get it.

Thanks for letting me vent. I feel much better now that I have that off my chest.

I've waited this long and I'm not giving up....NEVER!!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I do not agree with the effective date of 12/1/2012. I filed my original claim back in June 2006. "

Did you continuously appeal this claim since June 2006?

Or did you re open it after a denial?

"We have assigned an effective date of 12/1/12 because that is consistent with findings at VA examination".

Was your medical care solely from the VA? Since 2006?

Did you have private medical records,that involved this same condition, that the VA did not consider under the Evidence list in the decision?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Congratulations, BM! smile.png

Many of us won in chunks over years, so keep fighting if you don't think you're there yet.

I think I am going to appeal the effective date. Thanks for the congratulations.

Congratulations Bm.

Rick

Thank you.

"I do not agree with the effective date of 12/1/2012. I filed my original claim back in June 2006. "

Did you continuously appeal this claim since June 2006?

Yes I did continue with the appeal after 2 denials and a BVA remand.

Or did you re open it after a denial?

"We have assigned an effective date of 12/1/12 because that is consistent with findings at VA examination".

Was your medical care solely from the VA? Since 2006?

I was under the care of the VA doctors and private doctors. The VA doctor prescribed "Metoprolol" specifically for my PSVT in June 2008.

Did you have private medical records,that involved this same condition, that the VA did not consider under the Evidence list in the decision?

I have private medical records from 2006 with the same condition. It appears that the VA is only recognizing the fact that I have a heart condition that required treatment after I had my Heart Ablation in Oct 2012. And they are also recognizing the results from my C&P doctor last March 2013. Although in his report he indicated that my PSVT and heart attack is "less likely than not" that the two heart conditions are related.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use