Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tbi Update

Rate this question

719joshua

Question

Well after alittle over 18 months im still waiting on the my tbi claim to go throw i have done all of my comp and pen appointments close to 6 months ago my claim has been in every stage on ebenefits but now is back and stuck int the review of evidence stage i just dont know what to do but wait

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

After 18 months you might look into a Writ of Mandamus

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Don't do anything, just wait it out. All the contacting Senators, Congressman, writing letters to the Sec. of the VA, calling the 1-800 number, asking your VSO for help DO NOTHING BUT DELAY YOUR CLAIM. My claim took over two years then it hit special actions (program by VA to speed up cases over 24 months old) and in 2 months I was paid.

The truth is the VA is a waiting game. I did all of the above, showed financial hardship, showed couldn't work, had military records and civilian records of problem and they still put me in line like everyone else.

Sucks but its the truth.

Well after alittle over 18 months im still waiting on the my tbi claim to go throw i have done all of my comp and pen appointments close to 6 months ago my claim has been in every stage on ebenefits but now is back and stuck int the review of evidence stage i just dont know what to do but wait

At this point your getting closer to some type of decision being made.

The waiting is the hard part so just keep hanging in there and hopefully

it won't be much longer.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

just an update i called last week and they put in an invoice or some thing like that to try and find out why its taking so long and when it could be done still haven't heard anything back yet just crossing my fingers something will change. its is gods hands now

Ok so on 1/24/2012 i filled a tbi claim for compensation and then on 11/02/2012 i filled a claim for dependency well as of 07/31/2013 the dependency claim went throw but not my compensation and i was told that they would go throw at the same time by the va so i just dont know whats going on should i wait to call or should i call first thing in the morning im just worried i wont get the dependency claim because im on 10% so im worried they denied it because of that and didnt do it after my compensation claim went throw like i was told they would do