VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Letter Requested Copies Of Treatment Records.....

Rate this question

SueEdel

Question

I received a letter from the VA today which is your standard format letter stating We Have requested copies of treatment records or other evidence from Dr. _______ and Dr. ___________.

If we do not hear from you we may make a decision on your claim after 15 days. However, you have one year from the date....

Just not sure what happens next. One of these doctors provided a Nexus letter. The other provided a letter as evidence of increased issues with my back.

Do I just let this ride and see what the VA says. Claim has been open for 14-15 months. Claim is for more issues than these two-plus unemployability. I susbmitted a 3 ring binder of info.

What would you do? I thought this was a let it ride moment as I have one year from date of this letter to submit more info even if they decide the claim.

Edited by SueEdel

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

They can deny a claim before the 1 year period is up.

If they requested copies of Private medical info that is good but it is your responsibility to make sure they get it so I would get the info myself and send it in. If you have already submittedit that means they are not looking at it.

J

They can deny a claim before the 1 year period is up.

If they requested copies of Private medical info that is good but it is your responsibility to make sure they get it so I would get the info myself and send it in. If you have already submittedit that means they are not looking at it.

J

Ditto - and if you did submit it -

I would submit a second copy.

I have the same question, and I think I may have found the missing link. (?)

Looking at the claims status on my husband's eBenefits site, it states that items requested have not been received. Also, my husband continues to receive the form letter that documents have not been received. However when the assisting rep looks up the documents received, he says they are all there.

EXAMINING blink.png the eBenefits status page, "View required evidence" I found in the fine print a link to "unsolicited documents". Here I find ALL of the documents listed as received.

Can we say that everything is in order since the documents show up on the unsolicited documents page in eBenefits???? In spite of continued letters to the contrary?? and in spite of the evidence requested page saying documents have not been received??