Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Almost Over The Edge

Rate this question

Motherof3

Question

I am done. Nightmares increasing again, getting to where I'm checking over my shoulders when I go out, bill collectors driving me crazy, 70% barely pays bills, over drafting to make ends meet, haven't seen therapist since May, no appointments available before September, no female therapist available at VetCenter right now. I've done everything I can. Sick of VA, politicians and everyone else lying about help being available. This is enough to make a person breakdown. I don't have any family here. Even if they could get me in to therapist, I don't even have bus fare! Lord, I didn't make it to 52 years old to fall down now!

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Most VAMC hospitals have walk-ins for veterans health and most counties have DAV vans that shuttle veterans to the VAMC for free. In most cases you have to meet the van but I think they will pick you up and take you home if you need them to. Be prepared to spend a good part of the day at the VAMC

Best wishes

Edited by pete992

Thanks pete992, I'm aware of all of those. Van is only allowed to pickup wheelchair bound. It's up to driver if they take you home. Most do. I have to take a taxi to pickup point and ride bus to outpatient clinic. My point is that VA does not have enough mental health professionals and the ones I've had/have do not seem to be trained for PTSD. I just get so overwhelmed with nowhere to turn because PTSD/MDD is only understood by the ones who deal with it. Everyone thinks you can just make up your mind to feel better. And if I respond they way I feel, especially to the doctors, they want to label you with aPersonality Disorder. I even told my Primary Care that and she agreed. Little Witch that she is. LOL.