Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Have To Learn To Read And Comprehend

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I filed a NOD (letter) to the RO and requested a DRO review of my file.

Today I went back and read the denial of my reconsideration and found stuff that I guess I scanned over or just didn't understand :wacko:

Below is what the said on my reconsideration:

We have reconsidered your claim for the effective date assigned for bilateral hearing loss since your requested a timely reconsideration. We notified you of our prior decision for bilateral hearing loss on July 16,2012. We have not received an appeal for this decision or a request for revision baased on clear and unmistakable error (CUE) with respect to the assignment of the the effective date in the decision .

A CUE is an error that is undebatable in that a reasonable mind can only conclude that the original decision was fatally flawed at the time it was made. For VA to consider your request for revision based on CUE, your must specify the factual or legal error you believe VA made with regard to assigning the effective date in our prior decision.

We will take no further action on your request until we receive this information or you clearly request an appeal of our decision.

I sent the request for a DRO on the 15th of July 2013 but it has not shown up on ebenefits yet I hope I am not to late.

Stillhere

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I love the way the VA is very timely with us having to put things and deny because things are late or whatever. It seems that disabled means that we are on a different and strict clock, but they miss things, leave evidence out (or just don't read it) and they get a free pass. I think somebody in Congress should look into these continued clusterfu*ks and start to address them.

Does anybody have any idea what the error rate on claims is at this point ?

You can find figures on google or the year end reports.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

I love the way the VA is very timely with us having to put things and deny because things are late or whatever. It seems that disabled means that we are on a different and strict clock, but they miss things, leave evidence out (or just don't read it) and they get a free pass. I think somebody in Congress should look into these continued clusterfu*ks and start to address them. Does anybody have any idea what the error rate on claims is at this point ?

There's apparently a way to see historical error rate data through something called the Aspire dashboard --

http://www.vba.va.gov/reports/aspiremap.asp

They seem to run about 3 to 4 months behind and supposedly show a bunch of performance information including the error rate by RO. The trouble is that the information is so old it isn't useful.

Interesting in the VA's acknowledge letter for my NOD that they now say in my request for a due novo review that if a 'clear and mistake able evidence is found a CUE will be called?

Is this new? Or something I never noticed before? Either way I feel this is a goof thing right? Berta has often mentioned of VA cueing themselves .

I guess I will find out? Again I am hoping this can be moved along better than the others. I am not getting any younger and had my third stent put in last year!

Stillhere (though)