VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pending Decision Approval...but...

Rate this question

Wnchstr

Question

Hi All,

Ebenefits says the claim for TDIU/Increased rating is pending decision approval, but they closed the claim saying required documents had not been received. They are:

- Employment info needed - 21-4192 to veteran

- VCAA Notice Response

- Increase SC claimed - medical evidence needed (post traumatic stress disorder and panic disorder with agoraphobia)

Everything listed above is showing in the "Unsolicited Items" page. The 21-4192 was sent like 8 times! I even had the VRO send it.

In your opinions, is it possible to still get a favorable rating even though Ebenefits says they never received it?

Two separate psychologists recommended absolutely no work...one from our doc and one from the VA.

Thanks for any responses.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

It's really impossible right now to tell where "ebenefits" is getting the information it pulls for your reveiw. Ebenefits pulls from the new paperless system called VBMS, and the currently still used tracking program called MAPD, and the SHARE/BIRLS VETSNET programs. Moving to the pending decision approval is good, as it appears you may get a decision soon.

Sometimes when there is evidence listed as waiting for the Veteran, it may be in the file and the VSR just closes everything out on the date they plan to move the file to the rating board, It's easier than going in and looking thorugh the file to see the exact date something was received, especially now when they are all working on hybrid cases. (part paperless and part paper claims.) Don't spend alot of time worrying about accuracy of evidence as they have it listed in ebenefits, as the Rating decision has to list everything it used to determine the decision. If you sent in evidence and they did not review it and list it than you have that evidence to reopen your claim and new and material.

My advise is to "wait for the decision", and check the "evidence reviewed" then you will know exactly what they used as far as evidence to make their decision.

Edited by harleyman

• HadIt.com Elder

Ebenefits said in my claim for increase for DmII that they were in the gathering evidence phase. All the evidence is at the VA in Tampa. As I understand it if you have to take an oral medication for DMII you get 20%. So there it is. Ebenefits says it is going to take a year for this claim???? I got a VCAA letter and some other form to send to Jax, Florida instead of St Pete VARO, so I think this is that FDC thing. I said there was no more evidence and signed a paper saying to decide my claim on the record. Is that a FDC?

Hi All,

Ebenefits says the claim for TDIU/Increased rating is pending decision approval, but they closed the claim saying required documents had not been received. They are:

- Employment info needed - 21-4192 to veteran

- VCAA Notice Response

- Increase SC claimed - medical evidence needed (post traumatic stress disorder and panic disorder with agoraphobia)

Everything listed above is showing in the "Unsolicited Items" page. The 21-4192 was sent like 8 times! I even had the VRO send it.

In your opinions, is it possible to still get a favorable rating even though Ebenefits says they never received it?

Two separate psychologists recommended absolutely no work...one from our doc and one from the VA.

Thanks for any responses.

I had the same experience with eBenefits during my intial claim then my last claim go-round. None of supposed missing pieces of data, information, or forms were really missing. Same thing this time around - I know for a fact that the RO has my 5103 response on my latest claim and has had it since July 25th, but eBenefits still shows it outstanding. According to eBenefits, they'll ask for stuff they've already got, state they never got stuff you sent and you know they received, etc.

There's an old saying about not believing everything you read and another one about "garbage in, garbage out." eBenefits is a great concept that will someday hopefully deliver.

Edited by TiredCoastie

john999

Ebenefits said in my claim for increase for DmII that they were in the gathering evidence phase. All the evidence is at the VA in Tampa. As I understand it if you have to take an oral medication for DMII you get 20%. So there it is. Ebenefits says it is going to take a year for this claim???? I got a VCAA letter and some other form to send to Jax, Florida instead of St Pete VARO, so I think this is that FDC thing. I said there was no more evidence and signed a paper saying to decide my claim on the record. Is that a FDC?

Yes, this could have been moved into the FDC format, as this is a very straight forward claim and can be easily decided simply by looking at your progress notes and VA medicine list through the VAMC computer portal. NO report needed and the increase is based solely on the 38 CFR part 4 schedule for rating DMII.

Hi All,

Moved to 'Preparation for Notification this afternoon'...took about 3 weeks to get to this...hoping for the best.